What Thanksgiving Food is Your Biggest Weakness?

Options

Replies

• laurenbausch
    Options
    My grandmother's Sweet Potato Casserole!!!! Yum! It's LOADED with Georgia Pecans and Brown Sugar. It's sooooooooo hard to resist!
  • LittleMissAngi
    LittleMissAngi Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    potatoes.... and pumpkin pie
  • nariba
    Options
    EVERYTHING, I jus love food! Hmmmmmmmmm!
  • nicolina823
    nicolina823 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Fried Turkey and Grandma's mashed potatoes!

This year there are 3 turkeys. 1 Fried, 1 baked, 1 Infrared cooker.

We'll see which ones wins lol
  • platoon
    platoon Posts: 340
    Options
    All of the above... :-(
  • Fancy_Nancy2
    Fancy_Nancy2 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    I really don't like thanksgiving food I eat it because there is nothing elas. But I do love sweet potatoes esplay if they are not canned I will not touch them then. And my 2nd one would be my hubby pumpkin chesscake yumm.
  • khk2010
    khk2010 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    STUFFING! Dark turkey, cranberries, and stuffing. Love that.
    This year my sister and sister in law will cook and OMG they are the best Thanksgiving dinner makers. So much butter.

My plan is moderation. I have already checked my calories and portions to keep to a reasonable amount. (such a small amount of stuffing) :-(

I am trying to figure out how I can get exercise into the day. I will be out of town at my dad's house in a cold, rainy, maybe snowy area so I may need to run up and down the stairs for cardio or lift cans for weights!
  • mkgirl
    mkgirl Posts: 25
    Options
    Hmmmm..Its a toss up between mashed potatoes & pumpkin pie!! YUMMY!! :)
  • precioustypeoflove
    precioustypeoflove Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    sweet potatoe pies i will eat the whole thing !! and gumbo yummy
  • jdsouthernbelle
    Options
    My grandmother's Sweet Potato Casserole!!!! Yum! It's LOADED with Georgia Pecans and Brown Sugar. It's sooooooooo hard to resist!

YES!! I was going to say Sweet Potato Casserole too! Yummm-O

Oh & the twice baked potatos!
  • TheNewJessieMae
    Options
    Pecan Pie and Mashed Potatoes.
  • calabrdm
    calabrdm Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I chose to cheat big time on Thanksgiving!!!! Turkey with skin, stuffing with gravy, cookies, cookies and more cookies, Did I mention cookies????????
  • nehtaeh
    nehtaeh Posts: 2,977 Member
    Options
    Mashed potatoes and gravy. Not really anything special to them, I just never make them. My husband is allergic, so I eat my share at family dinners.
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    Mine is the appitizers that we have since we don't have lunch since dinner is usually around 3pm. I nibble nibble nibble on cheese and crackers, cranberry salsa, chips, veggies and dip and then I am stuffed by the time dinner comes around and usually just have a little turkey, mashed potatoes (no gravy ewww) and rolls.
  • Atomaszewski
    Options
    Pecan pie and stuffing!
    :happy:
  • McBody
    McBody Posts: 1,703 Member
    Options
    Sweet potatoes with lots of butter.
  • byebye200
    Options
    Mac N Cheese Please!!!!!! and I love the turkey actually...with stuffing ang gravy!!!..YUM!..Not really into the desserts bcu si cant bake and my grandmoms are all gone....rip...
  • lisafrancis629
    Options
    My sister's homemade Macaroni n' Cheese. It is so creamy, cheesy and delish! And deviled eggs and dressing.
  • Lunarokra
    Lunarokra Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    The whole traditional Thanksgiving meal!

Especially pumpkin pie, I read in the women's Helath magazine that this is the better of the other pies. So I will have some, I have seen a couple recipes from other MF Pals so maybe I can make one.
  • rthompson81
    rthompson81 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Cornbread dressing and fried turkey. And the relish tray, with all those olives on it. :)