scales

Options
I am a little disappointed:( When I weighed myself this morning on my scale at home I was 191.8 mind you my scale has been off from my job scale since starting the weight loss challenge in Sept....Any hoot I got on the scale today at work 2 hours later and it said 197 even so I'm confused....But now since the challenge is over I will be strictly going off my scale at home....So I was wondering should I record the weight from my home scale today or just wait till I weigh myself next week on my home scale and record that weight?? I only lost .4 oz according to my job scale and I lost 2lbs according to my home scale....

Replies

• emott84
    emott84 Posts: 108
    Options
    That's weird. Is either scale located on carpet? I know that a soft surface can impact on scale readings.
    Are they both digital as well?
    I'm not a scale expert, but to test, I guess you could always put a hand weight on either scale to see what it comes up as. If you put a five pound weight on the scale, and it comes up as 5 pounds, then it's calibrated correctly. If it doesn't, then obviously it needs tinkering.

Sorry I wasn't more help :)
  • miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    Options
    That's not as uncommon as you think, its always best to stick to one scale.

I used a 10lb weight on my scale at home just to ensure it was reading right, it weighed the 10lb weight as 10.2lbs, so I am good with that, do the same with your home scale, and if it is reading correctly, then stick with your home scale and avoid outside scales...

Goodluck
  • morganadk2_deleted
    morganadk2_deleted Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    Don't jump on and of different scales!

Always weigh at the same time ie, morning, always the same scale always wearing roughly the same thing .

For me its friday morning , after the bathroom , before breakfast!
  • tonya24
    Options
    Thanks I will stick to my home scale...
  • tonya24
    Options
    Thanks Erika and no they both were on flat surfaces....and both digital my home scale is a lil cheaper than work scale....
  • superhippiechik
    superhippiechik Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    Great advice! I will put a weight on my scale too!