Looking for Vegan friends!

Options
Happy_Niss
Happy_Niss Posts: 95 Member
Hello! I'm not exactly new, but I am returning to veganism soon and could use some vegan friends on here!
Always looking for new people and ideas. :)

Replies

• piratesluver
    piratesluver Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I'm not vegan, but GARDEIN is the answer. I eat the stuff constantly and it's really tasty!
  • sunnyogachick
    Options
    vegan and I love it :)

I agree, gardein is delightful. Dr. Prager's veggie burgers are also great! I love cooking mushrooms or asparagus or chickpeas. Just with spices and such! and of course tofu. Just marinate how you like it and cook it either on the stove or in your oven.

Pinterest has also been a LIFESAVER for finding alternatives to whatever I'm looking for.
  • lindsayforlife
    lindsayforlife Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Hello! I've just turned to veganism for health reasons and am loving the results so far! I love tto come up with some creative recipes :)
  • shrinkingfatchick85
    shrinkingfatchick85 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm transitioning into a plant based diet/vegan diet and am looking to connect to others for support as I don't have a huge support system locally.

Also I notice a below the mention of veggie burgers...if you haven't tried Hilary's brand they are great. My meat loving husband eats then...in fact he asks for them at least once a week :) which make the beginning of this transition easier for me.
  • hgwill78
    hgwill78 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I am plant-based (or vegan but I hate using that label). I have had some low moments and caved into my cheeseburger cravings a few times, but for the most part I'm consistent. Feel free to add me.
  • dedflwrs
    dedflwrs Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Not vegan but vegetarian here (over 20 years, so longer than you have been alive :))

My new "discovery"? You can make real good vegan food in a crock pot. Who knew? Amazing what kind of books you can find on Amazon.
  • luckyFairy81
    luckyFairy81 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    no vegan ,but vegetarian here. not sure about brands etc ,as i just buy fresh produce and prepare . i'm from indian orgin ,south india. I need to loose 15 pounds ,i gained due to Hypo
  • ericaavin
    ericaavin Posts: 26
    Options
    I have been a strict vegetarian for 18 years, and lean mostly vegan. I just got the Oh She Glows cookbook and LOVE IT. She has a blog by the same name and while I found that to be ok, I love the book. I just took out VB6 by Mark Bittman from the library and it's loaded with great recipes as well. I love taking out vegan cookbooks from the library, trying new things and adding to my repertoire that way. While I do eat some of the meat replacements, it is important to watch for all sorts of additives that are not necessarily better for you than eating meat. I have begun making my own bean and vegetable based veggie burgers and freezing - healthy and delicious and I know what goes into them! Good luck! Please feel free to reach out with any questions.
  • blastbeat78
    blastbeat78 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I've been vegan for 19 years for ethical reasons.

There are a couple of groups on here worth joining. If you post anything vegan / vegetarian related on the main forums you'll sadly be flooded with comments from haters who still believe that vegans are all sickly and deficient in everything!!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/46-team-vegan
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/45-happy-herbivores
  • healthierhappierh
    Options
    I've been vegan for seven months now and feeling awesome :)
  • danaplawson
    danaplawson Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Welcome back to veganism!

I would love to connect with other vegans as well!
    I love these raw vegan recipes for the summertime:

Zucchini Pasta

1 small to medium zucchini per person or half zucchini and half root vegetable like rutagaga or turnip

Run zucchini (or other vegetable) through a spiralizer, or shredder (Saladacco) or food processor for long “spaghetti” or simply shred by hand. Rinse and allow to drain in colander for a few minutes. Top with Italian Tomato Sauce or Pesto Sauce (see recipes below).

Italian Tomato Sauce

6 large fresh vine-ripened organic tomatoes, 1/3 chopped into chunks, 2/3 pureed in blender or food processor
    2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
    1/2 cup fresh basil and oregano, mixed
    2 tablespoons dried Italian herb mixture
    fresh black pepper to taste
    1/2 onion, minced
    1/2 cup cold-pressed olive oil
    1/4 cup raw apple cider vinegar
    2 tablespoons raw honey or raw agave nectar
    dash of cinnamon

Blend all ingredients. Serve over Zucchini Pasta.

Pesto Sauce

1 large bunch fresh basil
    1 cup pine nuts or walnuts, or combine both
    2 cloves fresh garlic, peeled and crushed
    1 cup olive oil
    fresh black pepper to taste
    Chop the basil together with the nuts for a few seconds in a food processor. Add all ingredients and pulse into a thick and chunky paste. Serve tossed with Zucchini Pasta.

I also love to make an avocado pesto with a handful of basil, an avocado, garlic (and oftentimes I use water instead of oil to dilute..)
  • TiahElaine
    TiahElaine Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm looking for Vegan Friends too!! I've been Dairy Free due to a major allergy for almost a year and am now wanting to get more into Veganism. I don't know anybody who is even dairy free.. let alone.. Vegetarian OR Vegan.
  • therealme7
    Options
    Hi there,this is my first post and my first time on this board.I too am returning to Veganism myself.I fell off the wagon with the occasional Mango Lassie and ice-cream. I had a tough few years and allowed myself to just get out of control with a lot of things.I too am looking for support to remain plant-based and i'm greatful to have found this.
  • SrMaggalicious
    SrMaggalicious Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I'm not vegan, but GARDEIN is the answer. I eat the stuff constantly and it's really tasty!

^^^^This! nom nom nom...their barbeque "ribs"...omg
  • ginakiki
    ginakiki Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Hi there....

I wished i could be a vegan i tried so hard i love my sweets. But I am a Vegetarian. I am 90% organic that 10% is my sweet tooth. i shouldn't even have diary i am lactose Int. I drink almond milk or coconut milk. i also love vegan one vanilla chi protein shakes. I wont even eat meat, i use to eat meat but i haven't in years!
  • tiggersstar
    tiggersstar Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Hey,

Any vegans/veggies can add me. I am a long time veggie, gone vegan with veganuary this year, 1.1.14. I live in Oxford UK. I have not been on here much, but want to start using it again and some like-minded friends would definitely make me want to be in here more :)
  • tiggersstar
    tiggersstar Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Vegan sweets are not a problem. I've found so many vegan substitutes for junk food!
  • cjackson317
    cjackson317 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi! Im vegetarian since 1993. I would love to friend any like minded people.