So....yeah.

Options
Lisa1971
Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
My 8 year old daughter just broke the shower in my upstairs bathroom. Apparently she ripped the shower head off the wall and started screaming bloody murder. Hubby and I ran upstairs to find that all that is left is a hole in the drywall.

The water that was gushing out is now in our walls and ceiling and is leaking through to our livingroom directly underneath the bathroom. Hubby just spent all afternoon drilling holes in our ceiling and I've been trying to dry it all out. Huge mess! I don't know what kind of gymnastics my daughter was doing up there but now we need to completely replace the drywall and ceiling in our livingroom.

Is it too early to have a drink? Time to call the homeowners insurance company!:sad: :sad:

Replies

• donyellemoniquex3
    donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    What exactly was she doing ?
  • Monkey_Business
    Monkey_Business Posts: 1,800 Member
    Options
    Its never too early to have a drink. It sounds like she was doing chin-ups on the showerhead. Kudos to her for getting exercise in while taking a shower.

Your set a great example for her to follow!

:-)
  • pobalita
    pobalita Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    OMG! I'm so sorry. What a freaking nightmare. :hugs:
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    It might not be your daughter's fault... one flat I lived in the shower had not been properly installed and water was leaking into the plaster behind it, and that weakened it and the shower fell off the wall under its own weight. The person who installed it hadn't put enough wall tiles to protect the wall from water, and hadn't grouted them very well. It was the landlord's problem as we were renting, and the plumber confirmed that this was the fault of whoever installed it, not ours.
  • Lisa1971
    Options
    We had 2 different adjustable showerheads and she likes them shorter. So she forgot to push the button that allows the shower heads to slide up and down and just pulled on it and off it snapped. Ugh.

Such
    a
    Nightmare
  • Lisa1971
    Options
    Its never too early to have a drink. It sounds like she was doing chin-ups on the showerhead. Kudos to her for getting exercise in while taking a shower.

Your set a great example for her to follow!

:-)

LOL! Yeah, because doing chin-ups in the shower is awesome! You can get a workout in and not having to worry about getting all sweaty! WIN WIN!
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,642 Member
    Options
    I would take this as a lesson to be able to locate the master cutoff valve for your water source...
  • rachelg145
    rachelg145 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    On a positive note, your daughter is an athletic beast to rip that sucker out of the wall - ha~! I recommend a stiff, refreshing drink while dealing with all the mess. I was pregnant when we had our biggest water damage episode so I couldn't have a drink - so have two, one for you...one for me.
  • GDLAZ
    GDLAZ Posts: 3,785 Member
    Options
    It's 5-o'clock somewhere.
  • Lisa1971
    Options
    So...we all went out to a charity dinner and when we got home there was even MORE water leaking from different spots in the ceiling. After cleaning it up, putting the kids to bed, and dealing with a very rambunctious puppy this is me...

tumblr_mjrhi2DZA41s5lf2ro1_500.gif
  • La_Malfaisante
    La_Malfaisante Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Those damn shower heads....

Drink up girl:drinker: