Zumba

princessmikayla5
princessmikayla5 Posts: 140 Member
edited September 22 in Fitness and Exercise
I really want to try Zumba because it looks fun. BUT I have no dance ability whatsoever. Do you have to have rhythm to do the videos? Or is it simple enough for the rhythmically challenged?

Replies

• JodiS75
    JodiS75 Posts: 284
    I've done Zumba twice in a class....it's not easy, but it is fun! Honestly I've never felt so stupid and uncoordinated as I did in my first class, however the second time was much better! It's mostly a matter of keeping up when you don't know what's going on :-) I say definitely give it a few shots - it was fun!
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    I am the clumsiest person in the world. I've ridden my bike in to parked cars and the walls of houses. I can do Zumba just fine! As long as you run around and jump a lot and HAVE FUN you will rock it.
  • I teach kickboxing so dancing is really not my thing, but according to our Zumba students, I can Zumba, lol. Any class is hard the first time. I was very uncoordinated when I started Turbo Kick but now it's a piece of cake. I know you can do it. :D
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    I really want to try Zumba because it looks fun. BUT I have no dance ability whatsoever. Do you have to have rhythm to do the videos? Or is it simple enough for the rhythmically challenged?
    No you don't need to have dance experience you just go and have fun, listen to the beat of the music and dance your heart out. You'll get the hang of the steps more each time you go. It's all about having fun while getting in some awesome calorie burn!

Everyone in the class comes for a good time and to get a good workout in, so relax, head to a class and get ready to kick some workout butt!:laugh:

Try it, you'll love it!:tongue:
  • I'm not a dancer, and when my friend first told me to try zumba with her, I didn't think I'd like it....but I loved it!! I am now a Zumba instructor, still don't have much of a body for dancing or whatnot, but it's all about having fun and moving! Don't be afraid to shake your booty and have a good time! :) It really doesn't matter what you look like doing it - just that you're doing it!

Have fun!!
  • princessmikayla5
    princessmikayla5 Posts: 140 Member
    Thanks everyone! I will definitely put Zumba on my list for Santa :wink:
  • marilla
    marilla Posts: 221 Member
    Give it several times and you will get the hang of it. As other posters wrote, just keep moving and don't worry about how you look or whether you are doing it "right". It's a lot of fun and a really great workout.
This discussion has been closed.