Butternut Squash Lasagna

Options
bluiz13
bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
Butternut Squash Lasagna

This butternut squash lasagna recipe is quicker and easier than many butternut squash lasagnas, because it is made with frozen pureed butternut squash. This lasagna makes a great vegetarian meal or company-worthy dinner.
Ingredients:

* 1 12 oz. package frozen butternut squash puree, thawed
* 15 oz. ricotta cheese (part-skim or whole milk)
* 2 large eggs
* 2 cups shredded 2% mozzarella cheese, divided
* 1 tsp. kosher salt
* 1/2 tsp. freshly-ground black pepper
* 1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
* 1/4 cup butter
* 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
* 3 cups 2% milk
* 9 oven-ready lasagna noodles
* 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese

Preparation:

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease a 9 x 13 baking dish.

2. In a medium bowl, blend thawed butternut squash, ricotta cheese, eggs, 1 cup of the shredded mozzarella cheese, the salt, pepper and nutmeg. Set aside.

3. In a medium saucepan, heat butter over medium heat. When melted, whisk in flour, cooking several minutes until flour turns golden brown.

4. Whisk in milk. Cook, stirring frequently, until sauce thickens, 7-10 minutes. Remove the bechamel sauce from the heat.

5. To assemble the lasagna, pour about 1/2 cup of the sauce in the bottom of the prepared pan. Top with 3 of the lasagna noodles, crosswise. Do not overlap noodles.

6. Spread half of the butternut squash mixture over the noodles. Sprinkle one-third of the parmesan cheese over top. Top with 1 cup of the remaining bechamel sauce, then 3 more lasagna noodles.

7. Repeat layers: first the rest of the butternut squash mixture, then one-third of the parmesan cheese, then another cup of the sauce and 3 more lasagna noodles.

8. Finish off by pouring the remaining sauce over the lasagna noodles. Sprinkle the remaining parmesan and mozzarella cheeses over top.

9. Cover and bake 30 minutes. Uncover, and bake another 20-30 minutes until golden brown.

Makes 12 servings. Per Serving: 300 calories, fat 16, carbs 23, sodium 505

if you want more nutritional info i put it in the recipes' section of MFP...not sure how to share it there though...

Replies

• maeadair
    maeadair Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Butternut Squash Lasagna

This butternut squash lasagna recipe is quicker and easier than many butternut squash lasagnas, because it is made with frozen pureed butternut squash. This lasagna makes a great vegetarian meal or company-worthy dinner.
    Ingredients:

* 1 12 oz. package frozen butternut squash puree, thawed
    * 15 oz. ricotta cheese (part-skim or whole milk)
    * 2 large eggs
    * 2 cups shredded 2% mozzarella cheese, divided
    * 1 tsp. kosher salt
    * 1/2 tsp. freshly-ground black pepper
    * 1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
    * 1/4 cup butter
    * 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
    * 3 cups 2% milk
    * 9 oven-ready lasagna noodles
    * 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese

Preparation:

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease a 9 x 13 baking dish.

2. In a medium bowl, blend thawed butternut squash, ricotta cheese, eggs, 1 cup of the shredded mozzarella cheese, the salt, pepper and nutmeg. Set aside.

3. In a medium saucepan, heat butter over medium heat. When melted, whisk in flour, cooking several minutes until flour turns golden brown.

4. Whisk in milk. Cook, stirring frequently, until sauce thickens, 7-10 minutes. Remove the bechamel sauce from the heat.

5. To assemble the lasagna, pour about 1/2 cup of the sauce in the bottom of the prepared pan. Top with 3 of the lasagna noodles, crosswise. Do not overlap noodles.

6. Spread half of the butternut squash mixture over the noodles. Sprinkle one-third of the parmesan cheese over top. Top with 1 cup of the remaining bechamel sauce, then 3 more lasagna noodles.

7. Repeat layers: first the rest of the butternut squash mixture, then one-third of the parmesan cheese, then another cup of the sauce and 3 more lasagna noodles.

8. Finish off by pouring the remaining sauce over the lasagna noodles. Sprinkle the remaining parmesan and mozzarella cheeses over top.

9. Cover and bake 30 minutes. Uncover, and bake another 20-30 minutes until golden brown.

Makes 12 servings. Per Serving: 300 calories, fat 16, carbs 23, sodium 505

if you want more nutritional info i put it in the recipes' section of MFP...not sure how to share it there though...

BUMP
    Bump
  • motoxmom1
    Options
    YUM!!! I am making this for dinner Sunday night with a nice green salad!
  • ttaylortulsa
    ttaylortulsa Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    BUMP!!
  • maeadair
    Options
    Butternut squash is one of my favorite foods, ... will have to try this.
  • maeadair
    Options
    Butternut squash is one of my favorite foods, ... will have to try this.
  • maeadair
    Options
    Stuttering finger ...sorry
  • bluiz13
    Options
    i havent made myself but i did eat it last wednesday night at bunco.....when the hostess shared the recipe, i entered into the recipe calculator and came up with the stats i listed....

hope you all enjoy...i'm going to make it myself the week after thanksgiving....
  • bluiz13
    Options
    made this a second time last night...it was very yummy but i think next time i'm going to add sausage to give it a little kick....
  • Rnjennmcc
    Rnjennmcc Posts: 28
    Options
    Yumm thanks for sharing
  • Limeinthecoconut
    Limeinthecoconut Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I wonder how this would work if I didn't use purée and just added slices of pumpkin... :ohwell:

Bumpity-ump!
  • Iris0022
    Iris0022 Posts: 54
    Options
    BUMP!