Scheduling help!

Options
24 year old who I just started a new job M-F from 8 to 5 with an hour commute each day. I have been doing my work outs at night (between 8:30-9) because I get home so late and wake up so early. Because my fiancé is on 2nd shift (that's 3-midnight), I go to bed at 10:30 and get woken up at 12:15 when he gets home. It's not his fault, just the nature of things. My problem is that I do not feel motivated to work out AT ALL. I am so exhausted by the end of the day that it's the last thing I want to do, but I see no other option.

Also, I am doing Insanity right now so my fur-baby and I work out at home.

Any suggestions to help me feel more energized and excited would be great!!

Thanks!

Replies

• Tora32
    Tora32 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I'm temporarily in a similar spot right now with limited time and energy to spend on proper workouts, and I've been relying pretty heavily on some of the shorter workout routines on youtube. Fitness Blender has some great ones, as do several other channels out there depending on what you enjoy. Yoga's also worked pretty great for those days I don't have much as much energy. Also I have a wii with several of the Just Dance games, and personally I enjoy it so much that I've done some pretty long workouts with it despite not feeling up to doing anything. Perhaps if you could find something like that it could help? :)
  • micheleb15
    micheleb15 Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    Workout in the morning? Most of us have those same issues and we work around them. Go to bed earlier, ear plugs, sleep mask. It's not fun, I workout at 5am. Do I love it? Not always - but it's a priority for me and my day can be anywhere from 8-14 hours so that's the best time to make sure it gets done.
  • nancybuss
    nancybuss Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    Morning or night it is...... If you're doing Insanity are you eating Enough? You could be tired from lack of food energy. it burns a LOT.

Are you falling back to sleep when you wake at midnight?

i'm often going to bed at midnight at up at 5:30 to workout. Its not enough sleep... I need at Least 6 hours.... body prefers 8, but I feel better with exercise vs 45 more minutes of sleep, most of the time.

look at the nutrition for sure
  • bradXdale
    bradXdale Posts: 399
    Options
    >Rest
    >Food
    >Train if you can.

Let the weight loss come from the calorie deficit. Getting adequate rest and eating enough are the most important parts. You don't feed and sleep enough you'll be tired, cranky and hormonal 24/7.