Can I count my job for calories burned? If so how many?

Options
I work coaching tennis. I'm on my feet for about 6 hours straight lifting heavy objects and constantly moving and walking/running. I'm 135 pounds and 5"3 if that helps. What should I count this as? I'm estimating around 600 calories??

Replies

• jessiekaufman50
    Options
    Of course you can count your calories burned at work. I have a fitbit that keeps track of my steps and intensity of activity.
    It will sync with my fitness pal exercise every day.
  • zeussmith718
    zeussmith718 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    that should be figured into your TDEE, and here on your settings you select and activity level, sedentary, lightly active, active, very active. If you have set this up properly then work calories should be figured in to it... usually when I see these questions I think of a large person looking for an excuse to eat more than they should
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    It would be better to include your job within your daily activity level. So you'd probably fall under Active or Very Active.
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    Work (including housework, yard work, and childcare) is part of your activity level—not exercise.

The Sexypants post should be required reading for all MFPers: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-Sexypants
  • Howdoyoufeeltoday
    Howdoyoufeeltoday Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    i would just change your goal to active if you don't know what the exact count for it is.

PS: Love, love love your profile picture!! One of my favourite books! :D