For ppl wanting to lose 20lbs or more

Options
What is your biggest fear with losing so much weight?
Mine is that I will have extra skin & lose all my breast :(

Replies

• Chiquita_Banana
    Options
    pretty much the same here, especially after my pregnancy, i'm scared my pouch will always be with me and even worse when i lose the weight
  • GirlTenney
    Options
    I am doen 62lbs and I have saggy skin and little breast BUT I dont care I am healthier and look better atleast with clothes on. haha!
  • amandapratt
    amandapratt Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Definitely the extra/saggy skin, but I've been going at it slowly (around 1lb/week) so I haven't had to worry about it yet. Weight training has definitely helped. I'm most worried that my stupid hips will stay huge and the rest of me will keep shrinking :(
  • cosmoang
    Options
    Mine is also loose skin.. I already have loose skin on my tummy from the babies and I am afraid its only going to be worse.
  • byebye200
    Options
    Doesnt resistance training with weight supposed to prevent that??? At least thats what i was thinking..lol OH GOSH please tell me it does!!
  • mybutterflower
    mybutterflower Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I'm worried about loose skin too....especially my arms. I know toning should help, but I can't stop wondering if there's only so much a body can bounce back after reaching my goal weight and losing 85 pounds.
  • amandapratt
    amandapratt Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    It doesn't prevent it but it does reduce it. You'll have a bit of saggy skin for a while but it will go away for the most part - it depends on how much you're losing and how quickly.
  • maffu00
    Options
    As long as you lose the weight slowly like 2-3 lbs a week, you'll be fine :)
  • melizerd
    melizerd Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    The skin around my tummy. I get that I've had a kid and have stretch marks and probably won't wear a bikini ever again but I'd like the skin to be SEMI firm at the end of 75lbs of weight loss.

My boobs have lost inches but they are actually perking up with strength training and pec exercises so I'm okay with them slightly smaller but perkier!
  • DanOhh
    DanOhh Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    What's great about losing weight here on MFP is that you are losing it at a slow enough pace that your body adapts to its new form. I don't have any loose skin and I'm in my 40's. BUT, this is also why it's important to exercise, too.
  • eamartin
    eamartin Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Oh goodness, that dreadful baby pouch. After 3 kids mine is haunting me. Im scared that the more weight I lose, the more it will look like a butt.. :(
  • WhiskeyBravo
    Options
    I would like to lose about 50 lbs. not worried about the skin-- weight lifting seems to be a cure-all for that and I can always buy some boobies.. but ....I just hope my head doesn't look huge...I've seen a few chicks at the job lose a ton of weight and boyyyyy do they have some serious craniums now....i'm jus sayin'
  • 2blueeyes
    Options
    You can tone up all that skin with the right exercise. Believe me, the hardest place to shed weight is in your tata's! I had to have a reduction to get rid of mine! There is no exercise that will make them smaller so don't worry about that for a minute!
  • AdamATGATT
    AdamATGATT Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    Six years ago I lost 50 pounds, and I am attempting to lose it a second (and hopefully final) time. I didn't really notice any saggy skin during the weight loss the first time around, and I am really hoping it is the same this go as well.

I'm thinking that weight training will help some, as you'll be building up some muscle to replace the missing fat.
  • Healthyby30
    Healthyby30 Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    You can tone up all that skin with the right exercise. Believe me, the hardest place to shed weight is in your tata's! I had to have a reduction to get rid of mine! There is no exercise that will make them smaller so don't worry about that for a minute!

But fat comes off where it pleases, you can't stop that and its not due to any toning exercise there, that's for sure.

I am also worried about the loose skin, boobs..lol. When I was thin, my breasts were a good size, so here's to hoping!
  • bkmuush
    Options
    Mine is that I'll gain it back. This is because in 2004 I lost 100 lbs and i felt so great - looked great (well, a lot better lol) and was determined I'd stay that way forever. Then I got pregnant and repeated the same mistakes and ended up +86 lbs. So, I'm afraid of that. Granted my baby-making days are done :) but the bad habits are so easy to slip back into!

About the skin/sagging - I was so worried about that when I'd lost the 100lbs and honestly I did have the belly apron - I'd gained my weight REALLY fast so I had stretch marks like crazy and when I lost it things just didn't go right back into place -- but I worked out regularly and I think it still looked way better then the obesity I'd carried around before! I picked my undergarments carefully and it didn't end up being the big issue I had worried it'd be.
  • Sugar_Apple
    Sugar_Apple Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Biggest fear is that I dont look sexy anymore :blushing:

I love my DDs...I wouldnt mine losing a lil bit but I would still love to have some boobs and my booty when I'm done....

As for the saggy skin...I am really hoping it is not too bad..
  • Lunarokra
    Lunarokra Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    What is your biggest fear with losing so much weight?
    Mine is that I will have extra skin & lose all my breast :(

Diddo!

I already have an arm giggle going don't even want to think about further on how it will look. I need to do more dips, kickbacks & extensions.
  • Sugar_Apple
    Sugar_Apple Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    The skin around my tummy. I get that I've had a kid and have stretch marks and probably won't wear a bikini ever again but I'd like the skin to be SEMI firm at the end of 75lbs of weight loss.

My boobs have lost inches but they are actually perking up with strength training and pec exercises so I'm okay with them slightly smaller but perkier!

Perkier sounds good...please share those excercises....
  • snowness
    Options
    I actually am excited to get rid of my TaTas and get them back to the size they used to be (the size where I loved them) but I am terrified of losing a lot of weight and having a ton of excess skin just hanging around. I know that with exercise a lot of the skin will tighten up and shrink, but there is also the skin that doesn't and with the way my body is shaped I'm pretty sure that I'll have that skin and I can't afford to have it removed.