Question!

niki1027
niki1027 Posts: 29
edited September 22 in Fitness and Exercise
I have a question and hopefully someone can give me an answer. Is it better to do a whole workout in the morning or in the evening, or should you break up a workout and do some in the morning and some in the evening?

Replies

• fitniknik
    fitniknik Posts: 713 Member
    I do mine whenever I have time. I dont break it up (mostly because I dont like getting all sweaty 2 times in one day) I think it just matters that you are actually doing it!
  • superwmn
    superwmn Posts: 936
    The best thing to do is whatever you will do everyday.

I get my workouts in when I can, but don't skip if it doesn't follow some pre-determined formula.

Some days I get off the subway a mile from my office and then walk another two miles on my lunch. I don't pressure myself to walk all three miles at once, I just walk when I have the time.

Other days I take dance or aerobics classes in the evenings.

On weekends, I ride my bike or walk early in the morning.

Get it in when you can. DOING it is all that matters.

Charmagne
  • JulesAlloggio
    JulesAlloggio Posts: 480 Member
    I always work out in the morning..that way I know I have done good during the day. If I feel sluggish at night.. when my hubby gets home from work, he does his P90x stuff... I'll usually jump on the elliptical to keep myself busy until he is done. Its a matter of what your schedule is and how you feel through out the day. When I used to work, I had to work out after 6pm sometimes and it drained me like crazy. But everyone has their own schedule to keep. I think as long as you work out everyday and have a day of rest, then all is good!!

Keep up the good work!!
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    I agree with superwoman, it has been said that the best time to workout is the time where you can commit to it. I workout in the morning with my husband doing P90X. We get started at 5am. Sometimes I hit the treadmill at lunch time and on the weekends. I would highly recommend that you try P90X with your husband.
  • Thanks guys! I have been working out in the mornings and i think i will keep it that way! Thanks for all the advice!! We do have the P90x dvd's but i havent felt like i am strong enough to do the workouts (maybe im just making excuses for myself) I am currently doing 30day shred but i think after i finish that, i will give the P90x a try~
  • mybutterflower
    mybutterflower Posts: 90 Member
    The best thing to do is whatever you will do everyday....Get it in when you can. DOING it is all that matters.
    That's a great philosopy. Thanks for the tip! :smile:
  • mem50
    mem50 Posts: 1,384 Member
    I like to do mine before work. Gives me a huge pick up so I can function like a normal person. LOL Then while I am at work I get a whole new workout. I normally have two welding robots that run in tandem. So am moving quickly all shift. Plus with all the lifting and packing.....Needless to say I am too tired to workout when I get home.
  • JulesAlloggio
    JulesAlloggio Posts: 480 Member
    Definitely check out Turbo Fire! I did P90x too and got alot of "man muscles" but I want lean! So thats why I switched to Turbo Fire =)
  • gecho
    gecho Posts: 426 Member
    I do mine whenever I have time. I dont break it up (mostly because I dont like getting all sweaty 2 times in one day) I think it just matters that you are actually doing it!

me 2
  • Definitely check out Turbo Fire! I did P90x too and got alot of "man muscles" but I want lean! So thats why I switched to Turbo Fire =)

Ok Thanks! I will definitely look into this!!
This discussion has been closed.