Exercise & Fibromyalgia

eamartin
eamartin Posts: 216 Member
edited September 22 in Fitness and Exercise
Anyone else on here facing this challenge? Any tips?

Replies

• Fit4Vet
    Fit4Vet Posts: 610 Member
    Dr. says I have "a touch" of Fibro...how do you have a touch of this? But, I digress. Anyway, exercise makes mine lots & lots better. Killer to get started but after everything loosens up, I'm much better off because of the exercise. As a matter of fact, it's so much better that when I miss my workouts, I get pain from not doing them (hope that makes sense).

Also, I found that cleaning up my diet helped tremendously.
  • eamartin
    eamartin Posts: 216 Member
    I am finding that exercise does sometimes make it better. I also take lyrica for my fibro. Dr. says I have the body of an 80yr old woman. I am hoping that with weight lose things will get easier. I am interested to know if anyone has any expierence with this. :)
  • erikazj
    erikazj Posts: 2,365 Member
    I have this too, and exercise (starting very very gently at first) and building up can definitely help. You might have to spend quite a lot of time working out what works for you, and what doesn't. I just wish I could find something to help me sort out my sleep problems!

Good luck - it is possible to still be active. I ran a half marathon a few weeks ago...it was hard, but I did it.

Erika x
This discussion has been closed.