No desire to eat!

Options
Ok so I know that it is not good for me to skip meals first because I am trying to lose the weight and second because I am a diabetic. There are some days (like today) that I just do not want to eat. What do you do on those days?

Replies

• angiemcgovern
    angiemcgovern Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I force myself to have something like peanut butter toast and then I usually drink most of my calories through smoothies or coffee.
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    yep drink your calories, i didn't have time for breakfast today so i had two cups of almond milk...ad some slimfast or make a mean protein shake...
  • tigerblue
    tigerblue Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    I'm having a similar problem. I'm maintaining now, and on days that I get a good 45+ minute workout in, (which is most days), I have a hard time eating all my calories. (I can't believe I'm saying that). I don't think the idea is to start eating lots of rich, unhealthy food, and most of the time I am full well under my limit if I am eating mostly healthy things. (Except at TOM, when I could eat the entire world and still be hungry!)
  • Alioth
    Alioth Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    I drink a glass of milk. It doesn't feel like eating but it has fat, protein, water, carbs, and a lot of vitamins. If I'm not hungry because I'm feeling sickish, I take a vitamin pack like Emergen-C. It's full of B vitamins which boost metabolism and perk me up.
  • LGIFitness2K11
    Options
    I am feeling that way today as well! Since I pre-plan each day still eat my snacks as normal and may skip dinner all together if I have eaten at least 1200 calories w/o counting the exercise cals. Hope this helps!
  • rayneenie
    rayneenie Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Thanks Everyone! I ended up just forcing myself to eat some breakfast and had a cup of Hot cocoa so even if I do not do any type of lunch I will still have a decent amount of calories for the day. Except when I add on the calories for exercise I am going to have an excess. It is just going to have to be that way today though.
  • Dafrog
    Dafrog Posts: 353
    Options
    skipping meals is one of the worst things you can do. I myself find that if I get busy and dont have time to eat when I do eat I normally over indulge or choose really bad choices.
  • rayneenie
    rayneenie Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I ate a snack just not a meal
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    that's ok though, as long as your snacks are low in sodium and sugar...you can eat all day if you'd like...who says that 5 times a day is appropriate, you just want to stop yourself from feeling like your starving, because THEN you'll binge...you're doing fine, if you're not hungry you're not hungry...don't force your body to do something it doesn't want to do. just pack your snacks around and if you're feeling better, eat a good supper...