HRM broken?!

onetxjewel
onetxjewel Posts: 39 Member
edited September 22 in Fitness and Exercise
UGH...my hrm is acting crazy! I have a polar f6 and i've had it for a year. This whole week it's been either saying i'm dead at 00 HR or 200! It's not working consistantly. I'm thinking it's because I walk outside and i wear a bunch of different layers so it's not reading the chest strap correctly or it's just messed up! Anyone else have this problem?:noway:

Replies

• jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Do you wash your strap? Do you wet the electrode parts on the strap before you put it on? IS the strap tight enough? Wearing clothes over it shouldnt matter, but something is interfereing with the connection.
  • Canonoch
    Canonoch Posts: 120
    Could possibly be the Battery needs replace?
  • 4lafz
    4lafz Posts: 1,078 Member
    My F6 does this too occasionally. I make sure it is really damp and check before exercise Someone posted the Spectra electrode gel and I just bought some - but have not used yet. They said it works great!

Oh - and make sure to adjust down as you lose weight - make it tighter!
  • onetxjewel
    I took it off, cleaned it, and wet it when I put it on. It still had it up to 202 when I know it should have been at 125 or 130! So annoying! When I just got done walking the thing was soaked and i had it tight!
  • khskr1
    khskr1 Posts: 392
    change the batteries and see if that helps. If not, it might just be worn out. My F7 fritzed out after a couple of years.
  • onetxjewel
    I can't find a place to change the batteries on teh strap...so is it just the watch battery? The watch is working just fine...
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,724 Member
    If it's the newer, more comfortable wearlink+ strap, you change the battery in the transmitter itself. Look on the back and with the help of a coin, it'll twist off so you can change the battery.

If it's the older strap, you have to send it in to polar to get the battery changed.

Also, if it's the newer strap, it might just be time for a new one. The salt from sweat and how it's stored (it should be stored so the sensors are flat) wreak havoc on the strap.

Actually I'm at that point too...it's been exactly a year and mine sporadically reads 00 or over 200 (no way am I that vigorous in my exercise) but I always say it goes that high to balance out how low it goes. :smile:
This discussion has been closed.