shoes?

Options
What does everyone do for footwear when working out? I work out at home doing either the eliptical trainer or Jillian Michaels 30 DS. I wear barefeet when I work out, but is this bad for me? I have always been a barefoot girl. I wear crocs or flipflops (also crocs) everyday, unless there is ALOT of snow then I have a pair of fuzzy boots. Do you guys think I am OK to keep working out in barefeet? The only time it bothers me is if I am longer than 45 minutes on the eliptical--the feet beds have bumps all over them and after 45 minutes it's not comfortable.

Replies

• chacaruso
    chacaruso Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I'm a barefoot girl too when working out at home. I'm sure sneakers would be optimal, especially when on the ellipitical but at home, it's barefeet. Gym of course, sneakers all the way! :flowerforyou:
  • TaneeisFitforLife
    Options
    I'm a barefooted workout girl :) The only times I wear shoes to workout is when I'm running (vibram fivefingers) or teaching a fitness class.
  • lmell
    lmell Posts: 17
    Options
    I'm also a barefoot workout girl..I hate shoes & wear flip flops all the time. They say shoes give you the support but hey I've been exercising this way (indoors only) for years. I think you should go with whatever is comfortable for you.
  • ashlee954
    ashlee954 Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    FLIP FLOPS! :)
  • AwwenT
    Options
    I wear Five Finger Footwear by Vibram, its the closest thing to barefoot put with the added benefits of protecting the soles and correcting the toe alignment that years of "regular footwear" has deformed.
    http://www.vibramfivefingers.com/
    http://www.usavibramfivefingers.com/
  • garedds
    garedds Posts: 251
    Options
    Thanks! I am glad I am not alone in my barefootedness!
  • BughaBear
    Options
    FLIP FLOPS! :)

I thought I was the only one haha!! I also workout barefoot.
  • Ashley_Panda
    Ashley_Panda Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    Barefoot! I was totally wondering about this earlier today. I love shoes I just don't always like to wear them. :)
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    Totally barefoot! I do wear shoes on the ellip. but I'm hardly on that anymore. Even for plyometrics I don't wear shoes. My foot doctor says as long as you have strong feet and lower leg muscles this is the best thing. At least this is what he said for both me and my husband.
  • kaffro
    kaffro Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Barefoot. I am not a fan of wearing shoes :D
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Sweet13_Princess Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    I agree. I work out barefoot at home, but I've actually heard it's not a good idea. You don't have the proper support and can twist your ankle or ruin your arches if you jump a lot.

Shannon