Unreal...Wow!!!

Options
BeardedYoung
BeardedYoung Posts: 229 Member
This is only my third day but I can not believe how aware logging my food makes me of my calories. This is a challenge because I've never succeeded losing much weight but without looking at the scale I KNOW I am making better decisions. After my last visit to the Dr. I have until September to show significant improvement and I'm thankful for all the encouragement people here have offered. I really can't bear the thought of having to go up another size in jeans again... I have never minded being a fat guy (I kinda rock it) but I know it's not healthy and I'd like to stick around for a while. Cheers all you MFP encouragers!!!

Replies

• mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Just never give up when you have your bad days, this site is great for reminding us what we should be doing even if we aren't at times. You'll do great!
  • jchaudhryxo
    Options
    Great! Kepp up the good work.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Awww, i'm glad the simple act of logging is already making you more aware! that is awesome! you will get to where you want to be, whether the road is smooth or bumpy it's a worthwhile effort no matter how awesome you already are!
  • MindyG150
    MindyG150 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Keep counting it's the best way.
  • mommaalcorn
    Options
    One day at a time. You can do it! You will feel much better health wise.
  • Care_Mia
    Care_Mia Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Woot! Keep going!! And excellent mustache! :)
  • Fit4Yah
    Fit4Yah Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • BeardedYoung
    Options
    Thank You All! You all are AWESOME!!! I'm trying to make this just part of the morning ritual (Less Twitter time...lol)
  • BeardedYoung
    Options
    Woot! Keep going!! And excellent mustache! :)

Why thank you :wink:
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! Being more aware is half the battle.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    You do rock it (awesome facial hair by the way)! but being healthy is even more awesome. Keep at it!
  • thegreatcanook
    thegreatcanook Posts: 2,419 Member
    Options
    When I started tracking, I realized I must have been eating over 3000 calories a day! No wonder I weighed 332 lbs! Two years of tracking and exercise and I am down 106 lbs! You can do this! Add me if you'd like...my enter all my food every day!
  • BeardedYoung
    Options
    When I started tracking, I realized I must have been eating over 3000 calories a day! No wonder I weighed 332 lbs! Two years of tracking and exercise and I am down 106 lbs! You can do this! Add me if you'd like...my enter all my food every day!

I was talking to my wife and I said... "I think if I would have been counting calories a week ago I'd be eating at least double" Its really crazy how easy it is to devour massive amounts of calorie with no thought. I need to add the exercise, but my calories are wayyyyy down and I don't feel so disgusted with myself at night.