Omlette FAIL, need help!

Options
2»

Replies

• RoadDog
    RoadDog Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    i hate to say it, but the plastic omlette maker thing that you microwave makes perfect and delicious omlettes. and it's less mess to clean.

Yep it's easier, but it's no fun. Chefs make the best lovers. The preparation is the foreplay.

So very true! :devil:

Just no fun in Microwaving or kitchen gadgets. i like to spend a little time slicing, dicing and prepping. No boiling bags; bring the water up to a slow simmer and keep it there.
  • superwmn
    superwmn Posts: 936
    Options
    I'm an egg idiot, but I've found that I make less of a disaster out of liquid egg whites and egg beaters. I:

- heat a small pan over medium high heat
    - while the pan is heating, get liquid egg whites, turkey and cheese from fridge. Get measuring cup, lid (or tinfoil) to cover pan, spatula and cooking spray out of the cupboard.
    - Shake up egg whites and pour 1/4 cup's worth.
    - Spray pan
    - Pour eggs into pan and turn heat down to simmer once eggs hit pan.
    - place ingredients (cheese, protein, already sauteed veg) into circle of solidifying egg
    - cover for a minute or two

By the time I get out my hot sauce and put a plate on the table, I lift off the lid and my eggs are nicely cooked. Fluffy even.

- Fold in half, put on plate and serve.

Charmagne
  • cjegger
    cjegger Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    The only problem with adding salsa to the eggs is it makes them waterier and they come out really wet....
  • khollyk
    khollyk Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    bump! this is helpful!
  • sexygenius
    sexygenius Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    cook it on low-ish heat...and let the egg cook some before you add stuff, add the cheese first and then wait until its almost cooked all the way through to add the other stuff, then when it is all the way cooked shake the pan a bit to loosen the edges take a spatula and flip