Hit my goal! Before and After Pics

Options
Dancerten
Dancerten Posts: 237 Member
So... My biggest inspiration when I joined MFP was seeing other peoples' before and after pics. I recently reached my goal of 133 (and surpassed it!) so I decided that I should post my pics in the hopes that they help inspire someone else. This wasn't the easiest decision because it's a bit painful to look at the before pic, I mean who wants the world to see the 'old yucky you', right? But I want anyone who thinks they can't lose weight to see that it's definitely possible.

I only lost about 35lbs (18 on MFP), and I know that it's not a huge weight loss and that others have lost so much more, but it was definitely a change for the better and I am so much healthier and happier! So I don't know how to post pics on the message board, but I put a 'before' pic and an 'after' pic on my profile if you are interested... In my before pic I was pushing 170lbs, and it's pretty clear I carried it all on my hips and thighs lol. The after pic was taken about a month ago, and I hadn't quite hit my goal ( I was probably about 137lbs in the pic). I just liked the pic because it was taken at the stairs in Philly where Rocky did his training lol and I thought it was fitting.

I will try to get a pic taken of me tonight in my new riding clothes (as my old ones are wayyy to big!) so everyone can see the new me at 129lbs! If my pics help one person get inspired it will totally be worth it!! THANKS MFP!!!

Replies

• tiptoe6
    tiptoe6 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    WTG!!
  • RaeN81
    RaeN81 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    The only way I found to post them was to upload the pictures into photobucket (it's a free website) then use the code provided that begins with url. However, you have to change the IMG at the beginning and end of the code to lower case or it won't work. Hope this helps :)
  • amandapratt
    amandapratt Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    No talking down the weight loss missy! :grumble: 35 lbs is awesome!! Keep it up! And post the pics soon please :)
  • skinnyack
    Options
    Congrats! Hope your new riding pants aren't too expensive!!
  • CHeMoTaCTiC
    CHeMoTaCTiC Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I had similar weight loss goal and hit it recently. Here is my posting with the before and afters. I had to upload photos to PHOTOBUCKET and lower-case the [IMG]parts. Please share! http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/132401-rolled-the-clock-back-20-years[/img]
  • ratherbridin
    ratherbridin Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm just starting this and it's definitely inspirational to see how it has helped other people! Way to go! :D
  • Rjperron
    Rjperron Posts: 150
    Options
    Can't wait to see tonight's pic! You're awesome, what are your best tips?
  • balfonso
    balfonso Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Hard work and determination really pays off! So well done! :flowerforyou:

I copied and saved this post from someone who knew how to post pics on here. I haven't tried it myself yet.

Hosting the Picture

1) Go to an image-hosting site (for example, photobucket or tinypic- photobucket requires making an account). Upload your picture. To do this, click the button that says "Browse" and choose your photo from there. When you have selected your photo and clicked "OK", click the UPLOAD button.
    2) Wait until it is completely loaded and shows you a bunch of different codes. We're going to use the URL that's called IMG (or Image) code. Highlight the entire code, right click, and click "copy".

Placing the Picture on MFP
    1) Get onto your favorite board or wherever you would like to post the picture, and start your message. Now, right click inside this typing/text box, and click "Paste", The code that you coped earlier should show up. You may notice that the code looks something like this: (without the spaces)

[ IMG ] http://i48.tinypic.com/qqebzq.jpg [ /IMG ]

Well, that's all fine and dandy, except that we can't have those capital letters in there.

2) Take the code that you have down, and change the capital IMG to lowercase img (on both ends of the code), so that it looks something like this: (without the spaces)

[ img ] http://i48.tinypic.com/qqebzq.jpg [ /img ]

3) Write whatever else you feel like writing in the space, then click the Post button, and you're done!!
  • balfonso
    balfonso Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I had similar weight loss goal and hit it recently. Here is my posting with the before and afters. I had to upload photos to PHOTOBUCKET and lower-case the [IMG]parts. Please share! http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/132401-rolled-the-clock-back-20-years[/img]

BLIMEY!!!! :noway: You look younger!
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Sweet13_Princess Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on hitting your goal! You're very motivating for all of us! Please post about your journey, what inspired, and what challenged you. This will help motivate us and will help us get to know you better!:-D

Shannon
  • STR0NGisSEXY
    STR0NGisSEXY Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Can't wait to see!
  • Dancerten
    Options
    Can't wait to see tonight's pic! You're awesome, what are your best tips?

Thanks! My best tips: Follow the MFP calorie allotment you are given, and mix in strength training with your cardio. I did about 20 minutes of cardio 5 nights a week ( the stair master was my best friend :tongue: ) and then every other night I also did about 40-60 minutes of strength training with weights and machines.
  • Dancerten
    Options
    Hope this works! Thanks for all the great comments!

BEFORE: 232323232fp63254nu3276-3-6WSNRCG3366394-832-nu0mrj.jpg

AFTER: 2010-11-18_17-36-08_931.jpg
  • Dancerten
    Options
    Congratulations on hitting your goal! You're very motivating for all of us! Please post about your journey, what inspired, and what challenged you. This will help motivate us and will help us get to know you better!:-D

Shannon

Thanks! I happened to stumble upon MFP while I was looking for an online food diary to help me keep track of my calories. I had already lost about 15lbs and had plateaued at 150lbs. MFP was so instrumental in helping me break through my plateau! My biggest inspiration was all the success stories I saw posted on here, and I'm so proud of myself for actually being able to post my own now :happy: I think the biggest challenge for me was just getting through the first 2 weeks. It's definitely a battle when you're used to eating 3 big meals a day and you switch to 6 small meals lol. But once I got used to it, it's really been much easier. I know it's hard to imagine not craving certain foods, but honestly a lot of the junk I used to eat just really turns me off now! Not that I don't ever treat myself to something unhealthily delicious :wink: lol, but it's sooo much easier to say no now or only eat a small piece of cake instead of the slab I would have gotten a year ago lol.
  • mountainmare
    mountainmare Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    You look great!!!
    I'm also a rider (dressage) and always thought there was something evil about white breaches and black boots.
  • Dancerten
    Options
    You look great!!!
    I'm also a rider (dressage) and always thought there was something evil about white breaches and black boots.

TELL ME ABOUT IT!!! So unflattering, lol!
  • mgaither
    mgaither Posts: 115
    Options
    Way to go! You look great! Congrats on all the hard work!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!