Gym Horror Stories

Options
Do you have any personal trainer horror stories?.....Any Nasty things you spotted at the gym???

LOL

Last night I went to do some cardio on the Pre Core machine and there was a coffee cup with leaking coffee on the machine and open packets of sugar. You think some people would clean up after themselves. UNBELIEVABLE!

Replies

• DevonC10
    Options
    We have a girl at my gym that works there- obviously. I understand flirting a bit with the customers you know for them to go back but she does it WAY over the top. Like bending over and showing her cleavage or when she stretches and touches her toes she pokes out her butt. She even flirts with my husband with me standing there!

No couthe.
  • Egger29
    Egger29 Posts: 14,741 Member
    Options
    In my 12 years of training clients in gyms, I could write a book filled with all the crap I've seen through the years.

- The guy with the Roid Rage who smashed a glass door duting an altercation but who's membership was never revolked
    - The guy who does one set of 4 reps on a machine, leaves his weights there and spends 15 minutes chatting up the girl at the health bar, until you show up with your client and he runs over with "Hey..I'm on that still"
    - The girl who complains that she can't lose weight but goes out partying every weekend with several drinks per night (all empty calories) and doesn't see this as a problem.
    - The trainer who was a supposed former Mr Canada who charged people $200/hr to work out with him thinking they'd get the same results just by following him around (Genetically impossible of course since he was about 5' 3" with a stocky physique and the people training with him all looked like runners out of the Boston marathon.)

I think the best I've seen was one older guy who used the claim that he worked with Arnold Schwartzegger back in the day and he's even referenced in his "Big Book of Bodybuilding". He had all kinds of clients coming to him for traininig help.

One day I was in the bookstore and actually looked it up. Sure enough...he was indeed in there. As a PHOTOGRAPHER!
  • deshaine
    deshaine Posts: 195
    Options
    I think the best I've seen was one older guy who used the claim that he worked with Arnold Schwartzegger back in the day and he's even referenced in his "Big Book of Bodybuilding". He had all kinds of clients coming to him for traininig help.

One day I was in the bookstore and actually looked it up. Sure enough...he was indeed in there. As a PHOTOGRAPHER!

niiiice...
  • Bluediesel
    Options
    HAHA! AWESOME STORIES! SOME PEOPLE!!!
  • blumuse
    blumuse Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Here's one for you: this old guy comes into the gym with his wife when I go, except, sometimes the woman he's having an AFFAIR WITH is there also and the wife and her go at it screaming at each other. What a douche bag that guy is (and the women are BOTH stupid for staying with him). Gah. Personal **** in gyms.. hate it.
  • telcochik
    telcochik Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    LOL this thread is better than a soap opera!
  • WannaBthinJen
    Options
    I was working out near this really old guy and he was wearing really loose shorts and I kept thinking I hope he doesn't do anything that would make his junk pop out because that would be very traumatizing. lol. Anyways, while I am thinking about that he goes to do a squat and he farts!! It was the typical fart you would think would come from an old person, very tight and high pitch. LOL! Anyways, I could probably think of some more if I wanted to but that is all for now :)
  • ginnyroxx
    Options
    bump to read later :D
  • ChuckgM3
    ChuckgM3 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    We have a girl at my gym that works there- obviously. I understand flirting a bit with the customers you know for them to go back but she does it WAY over the top. Like bending over and showing her cleavage or when she stretches and touches her toes she pokes out her butt. She even flirts with my husband with me standing there!

No couthe.

She probably does this because it works. Guys get really dumb with their money around hot women. A long time ago, the first time I got a personal trainer I wanted a male personal trainer built like me, but when money got tight and I told them I was going to have to cut back to save money, they said no problem, but wanted to give me a substitute trainer for my last 2 sessions, brought in their "closer" Amy... somehow the sessions just didn't seem that expensive and I extended for another 10 sessions :P
  • DevonC10
    Options
    I get that... just with my husband... really? back up lady...
  • ChuckgM3
    ChuckgM3 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I get that... just with my husband... really? back up lady...

You should be flattered. Maybe she really thinks he's hot. Hehe I know what you mean though. Some people have no class.
  • Flawlessk
    Options
    Nothing particularly nasty springs right to mind but i do have to laugh at the posers that spend more time looking in the mirror than working out.

My boyfriend told me about this guy who would always blow dry his pubic hair after his shower lol
  • mccorml
    mccorml Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    okay whenever i go to the gym i see a guy benching like 300 pounds with his girlfriend right there he then takes all the weight off and she benches the bar now its kinda funny but not when they only have 2 benches it takes so much time :mad:
  • LJK100
    LJK100 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Too Freaking Funny!:laugh:
  • JoyousRen
    JoyousRen Posts: 3,823 Member
    Options
    I was working out near this really old guy and he was wearing really loose shorts and I kept thinking I hope he doesn't do anything that would make his junk pop out because that would be very traumatizing. lol. Anyways, while I am thinking about that he goes to do a squat and he farts!! It was the typical fart you would think would come from an old person, very tight and high pitch. LOL! Anyways, I could probably think of some more if I wanted to but that is all for now :)

I was in pilates in my gym when the lady next to me started doing that. I had the hardest time not bursting into giggles.
  • enromero
    enromero Posts: 104
    Options
    I swear I seen a dried CAT TURD on the scale one day!! I told the staff and they cleaned it up but there was only a hand full of ppl in there and it wasnt me or the girl that was with me soooo it had to be the only other lady's in the gym, who was an older woman who looked like the streotypical "cat lady" lol
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options

My boyfriend told me about this guy who would always blow dry his pubic hair after his shower lol

Ahahahahahahaha! That is hilarious!
  • AKosky585
    AKosky585 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    The gym I went to for awhile only had 4 treadmills and it was a very busy time of day. All treadmills were taken and I was on the elliptical waiting for one. Well, one of the occupants was a lady walking at only 1mph, and was drinking a LARGE McDonalds chocolate milk shake. I was thinking,"Please get off and let me get my run in" because it was obvious that she wasn't really there for exercise. It was kinda irritating.
  • msbutterflyjess
    Options
    how in the world did you keep yourself from laughing?! i probably wouldnt have been able to keep myself from bursting out in laughter. i think its hilarious now and i wasnt even there! love it! :laugh:
  • lloydrt
    lloydrt Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    wow, you all have great stories.........I work out at a private University gym, Catholic, so all I ever get to see at five thirty in the morning are a bunch of aging retired Catholic nuns in their 90s ............. get the picture?

Not a pretty site (sigh) :(