Not feeling well = Comfort food.

Options
So what is it with not feeling good and wanting the carbs for comfort???? I have a kidney stone my body is trying to pass, and while I'm in pain I try to sleep or take my mind off of it, but when the stone moves and the pain disspaears for a bit, I instantly start wanting the comfort food! When I was a kid food made me sick when I wasn't feeling well, but as an adult I eat more when I'm sick! Whats up with that? :tongue:

Replies

• GrnEyz
    GrnEyz Posts: 360
    Options
    So what is it with not feeling good and wanting the carbs for comfort???? I have a kidney stone my body is trying to pass, and while I'm in pain I try to sleep or take my mind off of it, but when the stone moves and the pain disspaears for a bit, I instantly start wanting the comfort food! When I was a kid food made me sick when I wasn't feeling well, but as an adult I eat more when I'm sick! Whats up with that? :tongue:
  • FUZZBUZZ4
    FUZZBUZZ4 Posts: 334
    Options
    i know what u mean! lol whenever i am sick or have a tummy ache or whatever.. i really really crave rice! lol
    i dunno why! maybe cuz carbs are a good source of energy released quickly therefore when we are under the weather we need energy!