Anyone taken Sea Kelp tablets before? Or know anything about

Options
hello :)

I heard that sea kelp pills are good for maintaining weight loss and curbing cravings...... Iv checked them out and can get them from a ligitimate herbal shop (Holland & Barrett) and was wondering if it would be worth my while to try some out??

As far as i have researched, its totally natural,and you can actually eat it ?? (not that I will be doing that!!)

Any past experiences, or current ones would be great!

Hope someone can help!

x

Replies

• garedds
    garedds Posts: 251
    Options
    My husband used to take them, but he has a chronic condition and needed to gain weight, so I am not sure.
  • Nicola1944
    Nicola1944 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    ANYONE????

X
  • loxleys
    loxleys Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I tried them once, at the time they were 'advertised' as a tablet to improve hair skin and nails. I also tried something called kbl6 tablets from Holland and Barratt as they were supposed to increase fat matabolism. They both tasted disgusting and were massive to swallow, I stopped taking them as they didn't work on me.

I don't think you can go far wrong using the old method of cutting calories and increasing exercise - that always works!

Good luck
  • Nicola1944
    Options
    I tried them once, at the time they were 'advertised' as a tablet to improve hair skin and nails. I also tried something called kbl6 tablets from Holland and Barratt as they were supposed to increase fat matabolism. They both tasted disgusting and were massive to swallow, I stopped taking them as they didn't work on me.

I don't think you can go far wrong using the old method of cutting calories and increasing exercise - that always works!

Good luck

Thanks..... Iv read up on them and they sound really good? And have loads of other benefits for health,,,,, Im confused now, I dont know if i should get some or not....? I dont mean use these and eat crap, i just mean as a helping hand while im dieting to give me the little push i need?

Thanks so much for your reply :) x
  • AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    I heard they were good for digestion, they certainly won't hurt you.
  • ashley_h10
    ashley_h10 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    hey im not sure what they can do for you as far as weight loss but my grandparents own a kelp farm and it is extremely good for your health, they are constantly doing research on health and beauty.

I would say there is no harm in trying it, it is good for your health! :)
  • knakau
    knakau Posts: 29
    Options
    sea weed is very good for you, coming from the islands I have eaten dishes made with it. I take them as I too read they were good for improving the metabolism. I don't notice any strange side effects, take three tablets a day. Weight is going down but i am exercising and dieting so would probably do it anyway. Give them a go and see how you get on, holland and barret did have a special offer on when i bought mine.
  • chacaruso
    chacaruso Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I tried them in the 70's. They don't work. Losing weight is a mathematical equation. Calories in versus calories out!
  • Nicola1944
    Options

Thank you, thats what I was thinking, they have so many good points..... even if they dont help with weight loss, there arn't going to harm me.

I think i will give them a go, & then update this after to let you all know!!

X
  • Nicola1944
    Options
    sea weed is very good for you, coming from the islands I have eaten dishes made with it. I take them as I too read they were good for improving the metabolism. I don't notice any strange side effects, take three tablets a day. Weight is going down but i am exercising and dieting so would probably do it anyway. Give them a go and see how you get on, holland and barret did have a special offer on when i bought mine.

Ye they are on offer now too, Im definatly going to try them! Thanks for your advice xx
  • garedds
    garedds Posts: 251
    Options

That makes sense as part of my husbands problem is digesting food. He didnt' notice a differece with them though.
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    Check with your doctor too! There is a good amount of iodine in the kelp and that can have an effect on medications and some radiology tests. If you have ever had any allergic reactions to shellfish or other seafood you may have a reaction to the kelp.
  • MissPiggy0108
    MissPiggy0108 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Sea kelp contains iodine which is essential to a correctly functioning thyroid. The thyroid gland controls how quickly the body uses energy, makes proteins, and controls how sensitive the body is to other hormones, it also controls your metabolism.

Kelp = iodine = good thyroid = fast metabolism = helps with weight lost
  • myndikins
    myndikins Posts: 39
    Options
    I don't know about Sea Kelp tablets, but I buy kelp powder in the spices section of my local health store. It has a ton of health benefits and I love the taste, but I haven't eaten very regularly because it interacts with my warfarin. I love it with scrambled eggs lol