Dress up like Santa Clause, go for a run...

ChuckgM3
ChuckgM3 Posts: 302 Member
edited September 22 in Fitness and Exercise
http://varietysocal.org/santafunrun/index.html

Variety Children's Charity has been doing this for a few years, but this is the first year in LA. I'm going to do it with a bunch of people from work.

Great cause, good exercise, and a super sweaty Santa suit... what else could you want in a Saturday morning?

Replies

• rmkorama
    rmkorama Posts: 232 Member
    Very cool! Are the suits washable, do you think? Or do you have to get a new suit every time you do this? :wink:
  • p1nkpr1ncess
    p1nkpr1ncess Posts: 254 Member
    Our gym do one of these every year but it's usually during working hours! This year it's on a Sunday so I'm up for it!!

You get a free suit for every run over here in the UK :)
    -x-
  • ChuckgM3
    Very cool! Are the suits washable, do you think? Or do you have to get a new suit every time you do this? :wink:

The suit is included in the charity donation you make to be a part of the run. I'm pretty sure you can wash them for use later.
  • red01angel
    red01angel Posts: 806 Member
    Ooo! This looks fun! I might see if I can get a group together for this!
    Thanks, dude!
  • hozik
    hozik Posts: 369 Member
    Sounds super fun! I'm training for my first 5k, need to check if there's an event in my area. You'll have to post a photo of the event:wink:
  • loxleys
    loxleys Posts: 230 Member
    Its great fun, Me and my hubby dressed as santa last year with our two girls, dressed as christmas puddings, we ran a mile (for the british heart foundation) and it started snowing halfway through. It was nice for the kids but at 2 & 3 they were confused at seeing 1000 santas running around!

Its nice to see so many people doing something good for charity at what's a really expensive and often selfish time of year.
  • ChuckgM3
    Just wanted to remind everyone that this is coming up next weekend, I'll be there, I hope you will too!
This discussion has been closed.