shave head or buzzed hair ?

Options
liil79
liil79 Posts: 9
I started getting thin on top around 27 or so then eventually I just shaved it all off and have been razor shaving for years now but I am thinking of letting it grow in a bit and keeping it at around a number 2 buzz... kind of like the Jason Statham deal. What do you think look would look better ?

Replies

• spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options
    The baldness in your pic looks good as is.
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    Options
    i don't know what looks better, but i take a pair of clippers and do not use a guard because a) shaving with a razor is more time consuming than clippers and b) shaving with a razor requires more frequent shaving than clippers. I can go about 2 weeks before really needing to use the clippers again.

I am all about maximizing my laziness, and this works for me.
  • Ainar
    Ainar Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    If you do wear some kind of beard or facial hair I would say you can go for clean shaved head if you want. Even a 3 day beard like Statham is ok if it is dark/thin enough to be noticeable. If you have clean shaven face tho then better go with number 2 buzz.

The reason is because aesthetically you need to balance things out. If your whole head including facial hair is clean shaven it just does not look good. Your shaven head will attract people eyes and they will want to stare at it, the top of your shaven head. If there is beard or some kind of facial hair then it will draw people's sight down from top of your head and to your eye level balancing things out. Glasses, tattoos or piercings gets the same effect as facial hair. So if you have clear shaven head and face but don't wanna get beard you might wanna wear noticeable glasses. Or red lips can also do the work, if you are a bold woman, ahaha.

Just a little perspective from stylistic point of view.
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    Post pics. For science.
  • _Resolve_
    _Resolve_ Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    Baldness started setting in around 19, I shave with a bic once a week.
  • miss_jessiejane
    miss_jessiejane Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Bald is always better.
  • jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    Bald is always better.

Well hell.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    Shave my head every day when I shower in the morning. Twice a day if I go out at night.

Wife loves looking down and seeing her reflection on the top of my head.
  • spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options

She must be really tall.
  • Captain_Wobbles
    Captain_Wobbles Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    my jason statham senses were tingling and brought me to this thread. I feel your pain dude. I too am thinning up top at 28 and have a receding hairline on top of that. DAMN YOU GENETICS! I switch off between a buzz and a shave once in awhile. The shave looks badass when im sporting a full grown out beard ,but leaves my scalp prone to being part of a blood sucking insect feeding frenzy. Shaving it every few days starts to become tedious and thats where the buzz reigns supreme. I take some cheap clippers, throw on the number 1 blade and go to town.
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    My head is shaved and I am sexy as hell.

hth
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Jason Statham *swoon*
  • Christina_722
    Christina_722 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I love a man with a bald head....although using clippers without guard is ok as well. I agree with adding some facial scruff. That's always HOT! Post pics guys we need some sort of reference!
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options

She must be really tall.

Or he's bobbing for clams. Either way, score!

I'm 5'10". She's 5'3". Figure it out.
  • strengthandhonour4eva
    strengthandhonour4eva Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Ive been having more luck with the ladies since having a close shave, try growing some stubble too haha
  • gspero72
    gspero72 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Shave. Shave. Shave. Buzz looks lazy and makes you look like a dirty Q-tip. Shave daily in the shower, adds 5 minutes to your shower time.

if you are getting dry scalp and such, check out Headblade for all your head shaving needs. I swear by their shave cream and lotions!
  • jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    I love a man with a bald head....although using clippers without guard is ok as well. I agree with adding some facial scruff. That's always HOT! Post pics guys we need some sort of reference!

6HDiW6J.jpg
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    I prefer buzzed to completely smooth. Also, then you only have to do it every 2 weeks.