my first NSV

Options
i kicked my coke addiction!

i'm a huge coke drinker and about three weeks ago i decided i needed to start drinking more water. Well, my tap water tastes like crap so i started adding lemon, and it tastes really good. Then about 2wks ago i decided to fully commit to losing weight so changed to diet pop. I hate diet coke so started drinking diet iced tea.. yesterday i was sitting on my couch craving a coke so when my son said he was going to the store i got him to get me one. It tasted HORRIBLE it was so sweet and it felt like i had coated my teeth and tongue in fur. I can't believe i kicked the habit. i used to drink at least 5 and up to 10 cans of coke a day! I'm very proud of myself lol

Replies

• BigT555
    BigT555 Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    Nice! cutting out liquid calories really makes a huge difference.

be careful with lemon water though, drinking it daily can weaken the enamel on your teeth due to the citric acid
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    Very cool! I also add ginger or cucumber to my water just to change things up and not always drink lemon water. I was a Dr. Pepper addict and found that Bengal Spice tea really helps calm the craving with no calories.
  • MisterZ33
    MisterZ33 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    5 to 10 cokes a day? holy crapola!

good for you. i too used to indulge in sugary drinks. i may have a half cup of fruit juce every now and then...
  • navygrrl
    navygrrl Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Good job! I haven't been able to entirely quit soda, but I try to make sure I drink my water first. It's a tough habit to break.