Short women who are naturally muscled

Options
I am curious about the macros you have found that work best for you.

I am 5" tall and have always been muscled up. Short and athletic looking. I don't have to work for the muscles, they are just there and I want to keep them. For years, they were hidden by a layer of fatty softness, but I'm working hard to shred that layer. :happy:

I have been playing with my macros for a while now. The typical, low fat / high carb diet, that is mostly recommended for women works.... but SO VERY SLOWLY. I recently changed my macros to 25% carbs, 35% protein, 40% fat and my soft layer started melting away immediately to reveal the fabulous muscles underneath. That 25% carbs thing is a killer, though! :smile:

Have any women, built like me, found a macro split that really works well for them?

Replies

• sunglasses_and_ocean_waves
    Options
    I'm not sure that I'm naturally muscled, but I'm short! For me 40/30/30 c/p/f works best. I *need* carbs.I probably do 50/30/20 in the summer to maintain (not intentional, that just how it works).
  • Laurenloveswaffles
    Laurenloveswaffles Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    Why not do:

.08g-1g of protein per lb. of lean body mass
    .4g-.5g of fat per lb. of lean body mass
    and the rest in carbs

that way it is designed to fit your body needs and not just a random split?

You will still lose body fat (as long as you're in a deficit), and you get to eat your carbs as well

edit: to fix something
  • doctorsookie
    doctorsookie Posts: 1,084 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure that I'm naturally muscled, but I'm short! For me 40/30/30 c/p/f works best. I *need* carbs.I probably do 50/30/20 in the summer to maintain (not intentional, that just how it works).

this is me as well to a T.
  • Cheekies_
    Cheekies_ Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Why not do:

.08g-1g of protein per lb. of lean body mass
    .4g-.5g of fat per lb. of lean body mass
    and the rest in carbs

that way it is designed to fit your body needs and not just a random split?

You will still lose body fat (as long as you're in a deficit), and you get to eat your carbs as well

edit: to fix something

I ran the numbers on this and it ends up being pretty close to my current macros. I could probably bump up the carbs to 30% though.

Thanks, Ladies! :flowerforyou: