Anyone do ifit???

Lisa1971
Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
edited September 22 in Fitness and Exercise
I just got a new elliptical that has an ifit option. What is this and if you do it, do you like it and recommend it? How much is it? THanks

Replies

• tmogs
    tmogs Posts: 287 Member
    I have it, for the nordic track incliner and I LOVE IT. It makes me push myself harder because there is no way I intensity of the workout as hard as the preprogramed workouts. It's really like the commercial states "its like having your own personal trainer (Ifit makes your machine move through various tensions and speed for you to get the most out of your workout) . Hope I explained that so you can understand! :)
  • TracieJ65
    TracieJ65 Posts: 645 Member
    Yes I do Ifit! I got it with my elliptical, last month, and love it! It is basically like having your own personal trainer. Each one is built for the particular machine that you get it for. I don't know if there are different people that do it, but mine is Jillian Michaels. I got the first one free with my elliptical but there are 8, 8 week courses all together. I put the disk in it's slot and everything happens automatically. She basically walks you through a warm, workout, and cool down. She tells you when to speed up, when to up your resistance, when to slow down, and what you should be expecting with each workout. During each 20 minute workout she gives you tips and motivational sayings. I know you can get the other disks from HSN and don't know for sure but I think also pro form because think it is a collaboration between pro form and Jillian michaels. I know for sure there disks on HSN.com cause that is where i got my elliptical and I checked into it before bought and during my research. I personally like it and like having someone telling me what ro expect.
  • That sounds cool. How much is the Ifit? I have a feeling that if I have to ask, I can't afford it :)
  • TracieJ65
    TracieJ65 Posts: 645 Member
    What Tmogs means when she says the machine changes automatically is that when the "trainer" says let's "go up/down in resistance, speed, or whatever" you don't have to take your hands from where they are and do it yourself, after 5 seconds the machine does automatically. Also, each time you put the disk in it automatically goes to the next program so you don't have to remember what the last one was that you did.
  • tmogs
    tmogs Posts: 287 Member
    I guess every machine is different, because mine doesn't talk to me, it doesn't give me any warning at all, it inclines and speeds up/and down own its own while i'm in a programable mode and i don't have discs. I have a membership through ifit where i log in and choose any program (18 weeks) and it downloads to my machine wirelessly. I've been wondering about my machine though and if it was supposed to talk to me. I thought it was just extra shock value for the commercials. Now i'm going to have to ifit to see if there is something wrong with my machine. Thanks for the info Tracie :)
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Thanks everyone so much!!!! I'm going to ask Santa for that now! :)
This discussion has been closed.