Replies

• Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    51907392.jpg
  • WaterBunnie
    WaterBunnie Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    I think you need to test whether its the grain or the yeast that's causing you to bloat. Does pasta or pastry effect you? If not then it's probably the yeast. Bloating is usually caused by gas isn't it? If so, it's not likely to be the salt as that would mean water retention.
  • Eudoxy
    Eudoxy Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    These threads crack me up. Not because of the bread myth thing. That's a whole other argument. It's the fact that they always start out with two women discussing how bloated they feel. Is that a thing? Ladies, is this something you and your girlfriends do in between pillow fights? I need a real answer here.

Yes.

OP why don't you not eat the bread for a minute? ;) If you're not bloated, and then you eat it again and you are, then it's probably the bread. If you're bloated anyway it's something else. Right? Ask your body.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    tumblr_lpug36HsCC1qikuzuo1_500.gif
  • Gholmar
    Gholmar Posts: 37
    Options
    I rarely eat bread, not because I think its the debil or anything I would just rather save those calories for ice cream and beer :wink:

Hi me!
  • JBcat123
    JBcat123 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I have IBS. my doctor told me to stay away from bread, and now im feeling better. I don't get any cramping and that means less trips to the ladies room. :)
  • Lib_B
    Lib_B Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    rarely eat bread. i love bread, but i don't eat it much. i'd rather have other things. at any rate, as another poster said, eliminate for a few weeks and reintroduce. if bloat goes away/reoccurs, you have a winner. if you don't bloat after reintroducing, keep eating. lots of foods cause bloat. i love cabbage and brussels sprouts - they cause me some major bloat. so does beer and dairy. i don't have allergies, they just bloat me more than other foods. salt doesn't bother me. and are you bloated or retaining water? i consider bloat to be belly pain, but you mentioned salt which i associate more with water (i.e. rings feel too tight). either way, trial and error...no such thing as a bad food unless you are allergic.
  • tycho_mx
    tycho_mx Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Weird. But hey, maybe it applies.

Why not experiment with yourself and see how it works for you? Worst case scenario, you are not eating wonderbread for two weeks. That's not catastrophic.

I do things like this from time to time- I did a workout on a water flavour solution (like Mio/Clight/etc.). I was doing a moderate workout and started feeling terrible while drinking it. I stopped, drank some water (I always have both) and was feeling better until I drank the flavoured water again. That was terrible.

So, as a result of my little experiment, I no longer do workouts with those specific drinks. You can try the same with any food.
  • phil6707
    phil6707 Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    no, it is not the bread that is the problem (else European would be decimated by now by obesity) but more what they use to do the bread here.

Too much sugar, low quality wheat, too much processing.

If you get the chance to go once to a real French or Italian bakery, try their bread. You will see the difference
  • losingit4infinity
    losingit4infinity Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I have VERY much enjoyed reading the comments.

However the pizza oneI just can't argue with!!

I appreciate the input everyone.

I am going to try cutting it out and bringing it back in to see if the bread was the issue.
  • hmontigney
    hmontigney Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    No.

I'mma eat my bagel with peanut butter. You'll have to pry it from my cold dead peanut buttery hands.

Love this! :laugh:
  • justal313
    justal313 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    Don't eat the green bread.