Less Jiggle same inches? while Cutting????

missdibs1
missdibs1 Posts: 1,092 Member
Ok so here's my question my weight over time is dropping SLOWLY (which is to be expected because I am smaller now) but my measurements in certain areas have stayed stagnant, but there is less jiggle I thought women cannot put on muscle weight in a cut phase/in large amounts Can someone explain I want to do this recomp correctly

Replies

• missdibs1
    I am bumping this because I really want full comprehension on how recomp works

I have been eating at a deficit for awhile now and have def lost body fat, but NOT inches aka muscle gain (weight only dropped a few pounds over four months)

Can someone explain whether or not it is possible to put on muscle while eating at a deficit?
  • aliakynes
    aliakynes Posts: 352 Member
    It's more likely that you're noticing less jiggle because the muscles are more dense (that wouldn't affect size and doesn't mean you're gaining muscle).

Typically, if you're losing weight but not inches, it indicates that you're losing more lean body mass than fat. However, it sounds like you are losing inches, just not in the places you were hoping to. That's not something you can control though, it comes off where it comes off.
  • missdibs1
    well my chest measurement has gone down and so have my hips so I guess you are correct about that

What surprised me is erally my arms I can totally seea bicep now and am so upset that they are the same circumference I thought they would be smaller they look smaller????
  • aliakynes
    aliakynes Posts: 352 Member
    That's definition, they're supposed to look smaller :-).

It sounds like you're doing everything right, losing weight and inches (just slowly). Sorry, no advice to give. This is how it works sometimes.