So this happened today....

Shalaurise
Shalaurise Posts: 707 Member
free veggies at work in the break room....

?ui=2&ik=f940ad91b4&view=fimg&th=1473b41364f14249&attid=0.1&disp=inline&realattid=1473719424447938560-local0&safe=1&attbid=ANGjdJ9hlK-6o9QADf1z1xavoHLUZPTxZryVcswemTX2mOUzYt_d1wJN9C6qHJpyGa4bhS8MZoZI-stx4khHeF8HKTUnDBf6fCsqa39NGPdNL72_7uvYyc3rQ5twOMQ&ats=1405448437838&rm=1473b41364f14249&zw&sz=w1256-h819

Replies

• Kitten2629
    Kitten2629 Posts: 1,358 Member
    yum
  • trinatrina1984
    trinatrina1984 Posts: 1,018 Member
    Thats pretty weird, fruit maybe but vegetables?
  • KelARita7
    KelARita7 Posts: 2,694 Member
    Wishes that happened around here....SO MUCH JUNK FOOD!! haha.
  • Shalaurise
    It's a winter squash/zucchini. Guess it is technically a fruit given the seeds, but nutritionally speaking, I think it falls into the vegetable portion of the triangle topped with deliciousness... they put the tomato there, so I feel it is fair.

image001.gif
  • askeates
    askeates Posts: 1,490 Member
    We have that happen pretty frequently around here towards the end of July.... Lot's of people around here love to garden but cannot go through all that they harvest. It's amazing!
  • Healthy employees increases productivity. If it had been pizza everyone would be sluggish and napping in the bathroom. lol
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,731 Member
    Free winter squash?? :noway:
  • Shalaurise
    The item beside it is a ruler... it is well over a foot long. I wonder how many calories it is or if my scale could even handle weighing it....
  • headofphat
    headofphat Posts: 1,597 Member
    all we get for free are donuts and crap. im not gonna lie, i look hard and even smell...and it's heavenly.
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Oh, I love free vegetables. We don't have a yard to garden, but everyone shares their excess harvests. I'm not too proud; I get gifted grocery bags and bushels of squash, tomatoes, cucumbers, zucchinis, herbs, etc. It's interesting that people who bring them in are just as grateful to unload their surplus as much as we are to receive.:heart:
  • Melonpaul
    Melonpaul Posts: 323 Member
    Wow! I would love to see any form of fruit or veggie at my work, it's always candy/sweets or something else that I won't touch because I know it won't make me feel good. Enjoy it while you can!
  • Kazzam33
    Kazzam33 Posts: 210
    My boss is a huge health freak. We've had a fruit bowl in the office for as long as I've been here. Its so cool, just grab a piece whenever you want.
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Were they from someone's garden? When I went to the office everyday I saw that a lot and did it myself sometimes.
  • cronly
    cronly Posts: 307 Member
    zuchinni is a summer squash which is especially good sauteed in butter with bacon and onions.
  • gmoneycole
    gmoneycole Posts: 813 Member
    Win!
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 18,032 Member
    When I was houssitting for my folks in summer a few years back my Dad's garden went insane, I was harvesting 3kg of tomatoes a day, the same in zucchini and lebanese cucumbers... I had to take it all to work to make sure it didn't go to waste! Plus I spent hours a day canning tomatoes and zucchini relish!
  • :sick:
  • Shalaurise
    @Cronly - I'll be honest. I have never looked up the name of them. The tag at the store said Zucchini/winter squash. Guessing the produce person mixed it up and I just repeated it.

@Jenni - yes, I do believe several people that work in the building have gardens and someone brought them in to share.

It is just so friggen huge! I feel like I should be at a county fair entering it into a contest or something.
  • doctorsookie
    doctorsookie Posts: 1,084 Member
    someone gave me zucchini and snap green beans...does that count too? totally awesome though.