What has helped your CELLULITE?

Options
2»

Replies

• Geloza
    Geloza Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Oh my goodness! I could not imagine not having ANY sugar! Not even fruits?? Sugar is sugar, it's in almost everything. That would be terribly challenging for me! :noway:
  • Puffingmuffin
    Puffingmuffin Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Hey OP, great question! Let me tell you what has worked for me. I've always had cellulite, BMI around 22, never done any exercise. But once I started running and doing sumo squats, my thighs got smaller and all the ripples on my skin disappeared like magic! However, I have gained some weight back (about 20 pounds, have lost 10 so far), and the cellulite has reappeared. Just do squats and work your lower body.
  • Puffingmuffin
    Puffingmuffin Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Geloza, trying a low sugar diet is really effective (<15g per day). It has worked for me so far, and my tummy and skin looks so much better. I lost around 10 pounds in a month, only exercise I did was walking 2-3km per day.
  • Geloza
    Geloza Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I might be able to do 15g. It's worth a shot! I just can't do zero. :drinker:
  • LAT1963
    LAT1963 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    Guys...(you know what I mean)

I'm old enough to remember (and you can web search to read up on it) that "cellulite" is a myth created by Cosmopolitan back in the "mad men" days to sell more beauty crap.

What you are looking at is the effect of connective tissue from skin to underlying muscle. Between those connections the skin is plumped up by subcutaneous fat which is *normal* for women.

If you succeeded in "breaking up" cellulite (the connective tissue), then when you lost weight your skin would sag more because it would lack some of its natural connections to the underlying muscle.

I seriously doubt that *men* go around looking at women saying "Ew, un-datable, check out that girls cellulite." The only men who notice are probably photographers for fashion magazines, planning their air-brushing.
  • RunningForeverMama
    RunningForeverMama Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Strength training and patience. I also noticed a difference when I added running to my cardio mix.

This for me too.

And for me too, running really helps.

And me as well.

Wraps, creams, scrubs, etc. may temporally reduce the appearance and I see nothing wrong with going that route on occasion for say a pool party or something like that, just know that they are not ridding you of the problem. I really have hardly any cellulite these days but if/when I want to wrap I just use coffee grounds and olive oil. Just mix a couple tablespoons of olive oil into a cup or so of coffee grounds (some recipes also call for sugar), smear it on, wrap it up, leave it on for an hour or so, then unwrap and shower using it as a scrub as you rinse it off. Works fairly well. (It's the caffeine, google coffee scrubs/wraps.) :happy:

ETA- Unfortunately just drinking the coffee isn't good enough. :laugh:
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • lcangelini
    lcangelini Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Running and strength training got rid of almost all of mine. You can only see it on the back/side of my thighs when I move a certain way lol
  • Froody2
    Froody2 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Lose fat and you'll lose cellulite, because that's all it is. Fat.

Even at a very low weight for my height, I still had it. Nothing I did got rid of it completely - I suspect genetics has a large part to play in how much and where we accumulate it. Either come to terms with it or beat yourself up for it. The choice is yours.
  • iLIFTcupcakesNiron
    Options
    Reducing body fat has helped me tremendously!
  • albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options

good read....I actually agree that on some cellulites are more genetic than just body fat level. But of course, my genes give me fat legs and I have cellulites all over them...
  • albayin
    Options
    and I think tanned legs might help too. LOL tan is really a good camouflage.
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    what's a tan?

Lol.
  • albayin
    Options
    what's a tan?

Lol.

don't scare me like this...I am not English speaker and you know there's grammar police out there...
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    I hate when people say it's impossible to reduce the appearance of cellulite. Yes, some cellulite might be unavoidable, especially at a certain age. But you can definitely improve it, especially if you're still young.

#1 ELIMINATE SUGAR FROM YOUR DIET.

#2 Tone up in your trouble areas with resistance training.

#3 Try to avoid a sedentary lifestyle, even if you hit the gym every day.

^This is from personal experience. I gained cellulite (NOT weight) by eating too much sugar and not exercising enough. Now it's slowly improving.

You cannot eliminate sugar from your diet. If you meant to say 'added sugar', maybe so. But why, and what does that do to decrease cellulite?

You cannot spot reduce or 'tone' away trouble areas.