Exercise with Knee Bursitis?

Options
thinbi
thinbi Posts: 39 Member
A week ago I injured my knee and developed prepatellar bursitis. It is not a chronic condition. I have an appointment with an orthopedist in 10 days. In the meantime, I am really anxious to continue doing cardio. I have been on a roll and don't want to lose momentum.

For those of you who have/have had this, were you able to safely do the exercise bike or swim before all the swelling/bruising was gone?

Thanks!

Replies

• laurawiggs74
    laurawiggs74 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    lol. i thought you said exercise with knee biscuits. :)

I wouldn't rely on advice from here. Every situation is different, and the last thing you want to do is jack up your knees permanently. Only a doc should advise you on that. I would say that, if you have access, switching to swimming for a week or two might be great. no impact on the joints, and a new challenge to your system.

Wishing you fast healing!!
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    I have had it in my knee as well. I took a complete week off and just counted calories. It was miserable as I am used to burning a ton of calories therefore eating a ton of calories. I tried for a few days to push through the pain but it wasn't possible to cycle (my preferred cardio). The pain was too great. That's when I said to myself to just lay off the cardio for a week or so and take the inflammation meds the doctors prescribed.