Should I Buy Scales?

Options
I know that I have put on weight recently as my jeans are tighter and I can feel it around my tummy. I am contemplating whether or not i should buy some scales to see how much I weigh. The last time I weighed myself was September 2013 and I was about 140lbs. Perhaps seeing how much weight I have gained will motivate me to lose it or maybe it will depress me and make me put on more weight!

Whats your opinion on scales?

Replies

• 126siany
    126siany Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    I have one as a means to track weight loss. You can also track based on measurements, the fit of your clothes, etc.
  • CindyMarcuzAdams
    CindyMarcuzAdams Posts: 4,006 Member
    Options
    If you can afford a scale I would get a set. Weight yourself at the same time of day like after you first morning pee. Better to get depressed and then fix things rather than let it get out of control.
    JJust my opinion.
  • LegendWarrior
    Options
    An easier and cheaper way to see if you have gained weight is to measure your hips, thighs and stomach with a sewing measuring tape. That way you can also document how many inches your have lost if you decide to lose weight.

I use scales but honestly hate them. I dread weighing myself each week. But everybody's weight fluctuates on a daily basis due to different things like water weight but it is a real downer seeing a big number. I would use a measuring tape but maybe every three or four weeks rather than every week because changes don't happen overnight!
  • farway
    farway Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    If you can afford a scale I would get a set. Weight yourself at the same time of day like after you first morning pee. Better to get depressed and then fix things rather than let it get out of control.
    JJust my opinion.

Agree, scales are only around tenner, weigh daily, as above, unless you will get depressed about the daily ups & downs due to water, late night meal etc

Better to nip things in the bud before it becomes a problem
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    More importantly buy a FOOD scale.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Only if you plan on having a love affair with it, because trust me you will be on it all the time!