Didn't see myself as fat...but I am!

Options
vegas1776
vegas1776 Posts: 19 Member
So I was at the beach this weekend and overheard someone refer to me as the Fat Bald guy. The funny part was I originally got self,conscious about the bald part...then it dawned on me that being bald wasn't really my issue....nor one that I could change easily....but I can (and should) control the weight thing. That was when I realized that I am indeed a fat guy with a hair problem! LOL

Just wanted to share a funny, even if it was brutally honest, story. Needless to say, it has given me a great kick in the pants to make sure I get back on the healthy eating path!

I guess the moral to the story is...while I have long been sensitive about being bald and overweight....that girl wasn't really being mean....just descriptive. Would there be any difference if she said the "the skinny guy with long hair"? To me it was a great way to get over the sensitive thing and get back to work on correcting my bad eating habits.

After all...like I say on my profile....I Do Not have a weight problem, I have a putting bad food in my mouth problem!!

Replies