Help me plan my vacation meals , please!!

Options
We are going on vacation soon. We have a family of 7. We don't want to eat out much. We want meals that will pack away easily and require little to no refrigeration. We will be camping two of the nights. Give me your ideas!!

Replies

• La_Malfaisante
    La_Malfaisante Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Booze for the adults and Benadryl should keep the kids quiet when your driving.
  • NYactor1
    NYactor1 Posts: 9,642 Member
    Options

And Pringles should you need a nutritious snack.
  • cadaver0usb0nes
    cadaver0usb0nes Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Granola/protein bars, pretzels, jerky, dried fruit, nuts, fruit, pb&j, could bring a cooler to have some fruits/veggies the first couple of days... canned food? will you be able to cook?
  • La_Malfaisante
    La_Malfaisante Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options

And Pringles should you need a nutritious snack.

Or nuts... unsalted would be best
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    This is too hard to do when I have no idea what your family likes. That said, for camping I've gone so far as to pre chop meat and vegetables to make stir fry using a pan over a propane burner. Also omelets. The rest of the time...well, when I am on vacation we usually only eat brunch and dinner so that keeps calories lower than if you eat three meals out.
  • Fire_Within
    Options
    Oh trust me there will be lots and lots of booze!! Lol
  • FoxyLifter
    FoxyLifter Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    Protein bars, nuts, string cheese, beef jerky, granola, maybe some of those 100 calorie packs of... anything that won't melt. If you have tupperware, I would suggest a cold salad. I mixed mexican rice + corn and black bean salad from the deli at my local grocery store. It tastes amazing! I think that it would hold up well in a cooler.

ETA: oops! I gave mostly snack ideas (I'm a big time snacker). This is a little harder than I thought. Maybe make a bunch of sandwiches for lunch. For breakfast, if you're bringing a griddle, I know that you can get a bottle of pancake batter. All the wet and dry ingredients are mixed inside, just pour onto the hot griddle. If you're bringing a cooler, bring bacon and eggs. For dinner, hot dogs and burgers. That's pretty much what I eat when we go camping.