Muscle Twitching & Soreness

Options
So, I've recently started to add more workout days to my routine. I'm still fairly new to working out it's only week 4. The first 2 weeks I was REALLY sore and had 2 break days...But I felt like I lost motivation on the breaks like I was itching to workout! ( Strange for me to say). But I have a relatively sedentary lifestyle I just go to class and I go home and sit. I enjoy MOVING more now.

However, starting week 4 I changed some of my workouts to increase the intensity and I'm more sore now and my muscle are twitching randomly? Like my Quad...my forearm, and my bicep.

Is this normal behavior? I looked some stuff up and it said it could be due to lack of replenishing electrolytes or dehydrations or some other things...I drink LOTS of water, so I don't think it's that.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated! I plan on working out Monday - Saturday (6 days a week) Is that too much?
I alternate 30min elliptical or 4.5mile walk and I alternate legs & abs one day and the next just arms.

What do you think?

Replies

• Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,209 Member
    Options
    Twitching all over can have a few reasons, but the usual culprits are too much sodium, not enough water, or not enough veggies. Looking at your food log, i'm going to guess the latter one. You're not a fan of veggies, huh?
  • newlooknewme2014
    newlooknewme2014 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I love veggies actually. I just cant keep them in my fridge very long. They don't last. I make my meals for the whole week over the weekend and I haven't been able to find veggie packed meals that will keep. I'm not into salads unless I buy them. I like hot foods more!

Thanks for your in put! :)