Back on track.

Options
Okay. This is going to be a long rambly post so if anyone replies I will be so grateful and ALL THE AWARDS TO YOU. I am in recovery from Anorexia, I have been in recovery for almost 2 years (Yay!) This last month though I have slipped back again and went from eating my previous 2000 calorie maintenance to 1200 calories and still maintained my running 35 miles a week. So my question is...how much can a couple of weeks affect my metabolism if at all? or is this just my eating disorders attempt to trick me into not increasing back to my normal meal plan. I would very much like to get back on track and I know that for the lot of you 1200 calories is the norm, but I really don't want to go back to the place I have been in previously and I know 1200 calories can quickly become much less.

Replies

• SuperstarDJ
    SuperstarDJ Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Okay. This is going to be a long rambly post so if anyone replies I will be so grateful and ALL THE AWARDS TO YOU. I am in recovery from Anorexia, I have been in recovery for almost 2 years (Yay!) This last month though I have slipped back again and went from eating my previous 2000 calorie maintenance to 1200 calories and still maintained my running 35 miles a week. So my question is...how much can a couple of weeks affect my metabolism if at all? or is this just my eating disorders attempt to trick me into not increasing back to my normal meal plan. I would very much like to get back on track and I know that for the lot of you 1200 calories is the norm, but I really don't want to go back to the place I have been in previously and I know 1200 calories can quickly become much less.

You "slipped back". You are now in the behavioural mode that you were in before you were at maintenance (and I presume, recovery)?

What do you think? Step outside yourself and imagine another ED sufferer writing this post. What would you suggest?
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Have the courage to be well. Get back on your recovery / normal plan. (The eating disorder is tricking you).
    Your posting shows that you want to live the good health plan of 2000.