Need serious advice.

Options
I posted this in food and nutrition but think it's better suited here.

Okay. This is going to be a long rambly post so if anyone replies I will be so grateful and ALL THE AWARDS TO YOU. I am in recovery from Anorexia, I have been in recovery for almost 2 years (Yay!) This last month though I have slipped back again and went from eating my previous 2000 calorie maintenance to 1200 calories and still maintained my running 35 miles a week. So my question is...how much can a couple of weeks affect my metabolism if at all? or is this just my eating disorders attempt to trick me into not increasing back to my normal meal plan. I would very much like to get back on track and I know that for the lot of you 1200 calories is the norm, but I really don't want to go back to the place I have been in previously and I know 1200 calories can quickly become much less.

Replies

• love8383
    love8383 Posts: 169
    Options
    1200 calories is the lowest amount any women should eat but if your running and not eating back calories..your taking in way less that the 1200 minimum each day. Plus it seems like a slippery slope for someone who had anorexia, I would suggest planning your daily meals and snacks ahead of time, write them down, work out your 2000 calories for the day. so you know you've consumed enough.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    A couple of weeks won't do much, but why are you running 35 miles a week? Several of my friends who were in recovery had relapses when they started exercising more and slowly eating less. It really is a slippery slope.

Congratulations on taking steps to recover. I think you should probably make a visit back to a counselor as preventative maintenance.
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,765 Member
    Options
    Honestly? You need to see your doctor or therapist. Clearly you are having a setback and still have issues with exercise (35 miles a week seems rather...excessive).
  • madimurrell12
    Options
    I had been running 35 miles for a year now so the running isn't whats concerning me.
    Mostly I just want to know whether the few weeks means I should up my intake slowly or if my body will be fine just returning to my old meal plan straight away.
  • madimurrell12
    Options
    anyone?