Pushups/Squats Apps

Options
I'm looking for an app that's more customizable than the Runtastic apps. I have the pro versions of the pushups and squats apps but the ramp up is looking a little rough and I want to customize the training schedule which the Runtastic apps don't allow. I'm in pretty horrible shape and am fixing it. I want to add strength training along with the walking I'm already doing. I like using apps because I like having goals. The Runtastic apps have a decent interface but what I want is squats on day, pushups the next and Sunday off. Is there an app or a set of apps out there, for Android, that comes close to meeting this criteria?

Replies

• PixieAdele
    PixieAdele Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Check out JEFIT on android. You can customise your workouts (up to 40-odd workouts i think), it takes a little while to set up though so be patient but once you're set up its a pretty nifty app and its freeee! You can download the pics of exercises to remind you what they are, the names aren't immediately obvious but when downloading its best to do it with a wifi connection as there are a lot to d/l but it will warn you about data usage.
  • marklpotter
    marklpotter Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'll give that one a shot. I just figured out that the Runtastic apps don't advance the day if you don't do the workout so I can, for all intents and purposes, use them exactly like I want to. I just wish they were a little more customizable.
  • marklpotter
    marklpotter Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Jefit currently doesn't have MFP integration, which I should have listed as the first criteria. It looks good but I don't think I'll ever do weight training. It is not that hard to learn either. I had a routine setup in about 15 minutes and then looked for MFP integration, only to be disappointed. It sucks because it's a nice system and I love being able to manage routines on the web. I might try it out but I dislike the idea of extra data entry. MFP has become my hub for all things health and I really like a single pane of glass.