Giving it another go

Options
Hello everyone! I am new here and am already appreciating all of the community that has been built in the forums! I have quite a bit of weight to lose, but I am going to try to make this a lifestyle change! I found a 30 day fitness challenge that includes push-ups, squats, sit ups, and lunges. I am pretty shaky on the lunges (I have really bad knees and very little flexibility) but I am hoping that increasing by one every day will help me a lot!

Does anyone have any feedback on some of these challenges? I need things that dont take much space, or equiptment, as I live in a small apartment!

I am also looking for any tips/tricks/ideas on dealing with those midnight cravings. They really seem to be my downfall!

Thanks everyone~

Replies

• klfoster88
    klfoster88 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Good luck getting started! On those lunges don't be afraid to hold onto something for extra support until your flexibility increases or just don't go as deep.
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,731 Member
    Options
    I am also looking for any tips/tricks/ideas on dealing with those midnight cravings. They really seem to be my downfall!

Welcome! You're definitely in the right place!

As far as midnight cravings, it's different for everyone, but here are some things to try:

Save some calories to allow yourself to satisfy your craving.
    If you think you might overeat it, try pre-portioning it into single servings. Grab a serving and get out of the kitchen.
    If your craving is a high calorie item that you specifically don't want to eat, or that you'll overeat, find a lower calorie alternative that works and keep it on hand. Or try eating something else that may not be what you think you're craving, but might be what your body actually needs, like a protein/fat mixture with a little carbs (peanut butter on apple slices works great for this).
    If you absolutely do not want to eat at night, make sure you're active enough to be good and tired and go to bed.
    If you wake up anyway craving something, get up and brush your teeth.

Personally, I just have what I want, especially if it's after midnight. I can adjust my calories to accommodate it.
  • lawgirl0520
    lawgirl0520 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I have a feeling it will be a long time before I can go all the way down like you're supposed to, but reading the forums helps me realize that that is normal! I haven't thought about holding onto something though, I will definitley have to give it a shot :-)
  • lawgirl0520
    lawgirl0520 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I hadn't thought about adjusting my calories to account for a snack. And I do love apples and peanut butter :-) Thank you so much!
  • EdTheGinge
    EdTheGinge Posts: 1,616 Member
    Options
    Moddy ginger here trying to get back into the zone, I'm kind of a daily logger at 688days :) if you want a random friend then look no further as here I am haha.