Fitbit x Tory Burch

Options
The new fitbit flex band designs in collaboration with Tory Burch (in efforts to make wearable fitness tech more stylish) came out today. Just wondering if anyone who has the fitbit flex is going to go out and buy one? Or if this encourages people that don't have the flex because it looks too sporty to purchase one.

I've been waiting forever for these bands, and I'm disappointed. The silicone ones look like the regular flex bands, just with Tory's trademark T on them. The brass one is probably the nicest piece, but do I want to pay $200 plus shipping for a piece of brass? I paid less for my fitbit altogether. Still debating that one.

I might just end up with the thing because the flex really "cramps my style" at work, in professional settings, night out etc.

So what do you all think?

http://techcrunch.com/2014/07/15/here-are-the-first-products-from-fitbits-partnership-with-tory-burch/

http://www.engadget.com/2014/07/15/fitbit-tory-burch-accessories/

http://www.toryburch.com/accessories/tory-burch-for-fitbit/

Replies

• WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    I agree, they're too expensive. I also find the Flex cramped my style so I use a One now and keep it in my bra where no one sees it.

A few weeks before the new accessories came out, they changed the help file on the Flex to say it's now ok to wear it on your wrist or in your pocket. I assume that was to 'accommodate' the pendant accessory. But you can just remove the Flex and stick it in your pocket for dressier events now, according to them.
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,731 Member
    Options
    Wow, and I thought my Bodymedia was ugly. At least it's worn on the upper arm so I can just wear a bit of sleeve to cover it up if I want. That there is godawful!
  • Barbellarella_
    Barbellarella_ Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    nah.. I'll stick with my basic black. Goes with everything.
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    I have the Fitbit One, and wouldn't mind wearing it in a pendant... Hopefully they will make some more designs.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    I prefer the black. Goes with everything I think.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    Etsy is your friend.
  • sun_fish
    sun_fish Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    I have a Fitbit One, and the main reason I bought the One vs a Flex, is what my sister said about her bracelet tracker. She said while it is comfortable and not too bad looking, she just gets tired of seeing the same thing on her wrist day after day. I figured I would be the same way.

As far as the Tory Burch designs, they're not too bad. But still, everyday?
  • ekat120
    ekat120 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I'm in love with the gold one! But not for $195 :sad:
  • WalkingAlong
    Options
    Plus it's not even gold, it's brass.

And it doesn't even ship til late Sept. These were supposed to be out in spring.

I guess you give up the ability to see your progress with this, unless you want to take off your bracelet and pop out the tracker and tap it to trigger the display to light up. Though honestly my One rarely comes out of my bra, either.
  • CynthiaT60
    CynthiaT60 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    Aaaand the pre-order page doesn't even work. :devil: (Not like I've totally decided to pay that much.) (But they also have cute silicone ones.)
  • AzaleaNicole38
    AzaleaNicole38 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Yea, I'm kinda pissed that it came out only now as opposed to spring. And I thought the collection would have been bigger. Don't think it was worth the wait, still debating on that price, but I'm leaning towards no =/

Brass changes colour over time, right?

I've looked on Etsy, and I'm not having that much luck. I don't like the idea of a necklace which seems to popular on there. They're statement pieces, and I'd rather have something simple.

But for those that are interested
    https://www.etsy.com/ca/listing/193742128/goldturquoise-tone-non-tarnish-necklace?ref=listing-shop-header-3

I've seen slip covers, but I don't like the fabric aspect. They kind of remind me of a sweatband for your wrist. Some are nice though
    http://www.dressupfitbracelets.com/fall-lookbook/
  • WalkingAlong
    Options
    I like the Misfit Shine accessories.
  • donyellemoniquex3
    donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    I have the red heart association flex :)
  • ekat120
    ekat120 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Plus it's not even gold, it's brass.

And it doesn't even ship til late Sept. These were supposed to be out in spring.

I guess you give up the ability to see your progress with this, unless you want to take off your bracelet and pop out the tracker and tap it to trigger the display to light up. Though honestly my One rarely comes out of my bra, either.

Stupid Tory Burch. I don't think I could give up seeing the little light show party it throws me when I hit my goal anyway.
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    I'm waiting for the bucketload of people who have lost their fitbit cause the brass one fell off & they lost that as well & then demand a replacement.

You dont even get the flex with it & for that price you should.

I got my own idea for one, just a matter of stopping still long enough to make it.
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,156 Member
    Options
    I was disappointed in the selection - the brass bracelet is cute but pricey. I think I'm going to continue to wear my bands. I have every color except the pink and each week when I charge the unit, I switch to a new band. Works for me.
  • cwrig
    cwrig Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Its lipstick on a pig.

I had the fitbit force, and before they finally recalled the thing; they refused to replace it or refund me for that faulty product. So, Im done with fitbit.

They are really just real expensive and badly designed pedometers.
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    Its lipstick on a pig.

I had the fitbit force, and before they finally recalled the thing; they refused to replace it or refund me for that faulty product. So, Im done with fitbit.

Really cause they have replaced or refunded everyone elses forces that asked for it. If it was faulty BEFORE the recall they would have replaced it..... they always do with proof of warranty & purchase. Hell they even replace Ultra ones with a new one now.

I guess they are just a pedometer but they work brilliantly.. I've had mine for almost 2 years now & have never had a fault, same as my son & husband with their ones.

Can't blame them if you are like that about it.... I mean be more rude about them & to them and then it's no wonder.
  • cwrig
    cwrig Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Its lipstick on a pig.

Really cause they have replaced or refunded everyone elses forces that asked for it. If it was faulty BEFORE the recall they would have replaced it..... they always do with proof of warranty & purchase. Hell they even replace Ultra ones with a new one now.

I guess they are just a pedometer but they work brilliantly.. I've had mine for almost 2 years now & have never had a fault, same as my son & husband with their ones.

Can't blame them if you are like that about it.... I mean be more rude about them & to them and then it's no wonder.

There was a 20 Page post (not 20 posts; 20 PAGES of posts) in the fitbit forum about this. hundreds if not thousands of people were screwed by fitbit. For months they denied any problem with the fitbit force and just told their dissatisfied customers there was no problem. Then months later they finally admitted it was a faulty product and did the recall. Terrible company. Will never get my business again. Very expensive badly designed pedometers.
  • shireeniebeanie
    shireeniebeanie Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    The new designer bands are disappointing and ridiculously priced. After all the announcements and delays, this is a major fail.

Also, from what I've read about the Tory Burch brand's customer service, you wouldn't want to buy anything from them directly.