Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Managing Macro-nutrients

Hi there,
Trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong (if anything) and what to do about it (if I even need to).

So I know eating too much sugar or salt can't be good for me.

I have been managing to keep my sodium intake in check... the sugar not so much. Most of the time my calorie intake is also in check. I find by the time I've had a serving of a banana, kiwi fruit, orange and or apple - I've gone over my sugar allowance. Now I didn't even set my own sugar intake level, I only did for the fat, carbs & protein.

1. is it that big a deal to my weight loss journey to be consuming more than my daily allowance of sugar if it's primarily from fruit & vegetables?
2. if it is, short of reducing my fruit intake (which I'd prefer not to) - what can I do?

Replies

• RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    You are going to be losing weight as long as you are under your calories. Some people are sensitive to sugar and carbs. Those folks need to count sugar/carbs carefully.