Resisting the urge to snack

Options
As I speak, I'm munching on a graham cracker....

Exercising has never been a problem for me. For some reason, I have excellent stamina. My problem comes right down to self-control when it comes to the food I'm putting in my mouth. My biggest battle (a battle which I often find myself losing) has to do with snacking in between major meals and late at night.

I like to eat until I feel full. When I'm dieting (as I am now), my tummy often feels deprived. Like something's off kilter until I get that feeling that says "I've had enough. I'm good to go now." Even after several minutes after a meal, I can't stop thinking about that bag of chips I didn't eat with my sandwich. Or that cookie that I only want because it feels like there's a hole in my tummy that only it can fill in that moment.

Snacking is my downfall. Does anyone have any tips on how to squash snacking habits and kill cravings?

Replies

• ribeenajenkins
    Options
    Only thing I can suggest is replace the bad snacks with good whole food. Easier said than done I know - hence why I am also on this forum lol. I am trying to eat fruit and raw veg snacks or rice crackers and salsa. I know they are not perfect and have sugar but beats chocolate, chips or sweet biscuits. I try and allow for them in the day by working out my dinner recipe the day before so I know how much I have to spend on other food. Otherwise I find by end of day my dinner pushes me over.