How to lose lower stomach fat properly???

Options
Im 5'2 , 123 pounds as of now. Trying to get to 118 is impossible it just won't happen! But I would like to lose a few more but people keep telling me not to lose any more weight ( lost 37) but I am still uncomfortable with my body. I have a lot of lower stomach fat and I think if I got muscle there instead it would make me look slimer and make me more comfortable. Does anybody know how I could get rid of the fat? Like should I continue to lose weight and hope it will go away or what? I also read that you can't gain muscle while eating at a deficit so if I were to gain muscle in my stomach how would I do it like food and exercise-wise? If you would like to see what I'm talking about with my stomach there's a picture on my profile. From front on I like the way it looks, could be a little more toned but oh well.... And then from the side on I look like a fat whale, any suggestions on how to fix it?? Thanks

Replies

• ms6serenity
    Options
    So your saying I should just continue to lose some more weight?
  • EllaIsNotEnchanted
    EllaIsNotEnchanted Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    ^yes.
  • robertf57
    robertf57 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Sorry to say, there is no way to lose fat from a specific location except surgically. But if you continue your weight loss, it will go.
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,732 Member
    Options
    Do you lift? Recompositioning your body can help you lose bodyfat, gain muscle and stay at the same weight. 123 lbs at 22% bodyfat looks very different than 123 lbs at 30% bodyfat. You could actually lose clothing sizes and gain curves while not losing or gaining an ounce.
  • trmatthewsphatgirl
    trmatthewsphatgirl Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I am having the same issue because I had a lot of water weight when I was pregnant
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you may need to focus on recomp rather than further weight loss. By simply focusing on decreasing scale weight, you stand to simply become a smaller version of your current shape.

Eat at maintenance or just below and strength train. Read this for inspiration : http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2011/07/21/meet-staci-your-new-powerlifting-super-hero/