How to lose lower stomach fat?

Options
I'm 5'2 and 123 pounds. I've lost. 37 and I'd like to lose 5 more but they're a killer and they're not coming off. So from the front on, I like my stomach. It could be more toned but it looks ok. From the side on I look like a whale it's just so fat! There's a pic on my profile if you want to see what I'm talking about. So anyways what should I do to lose the fat? Continue to lose weight or should I like try and gain muscle? If so what should I do with exercise and eating? Thanks.

Replies

• steve0820
    steve0820 Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the weight lose, stomach looks great!

I'd focus on strengthening the core while still eating a deficit to achieve the last bit you want, regardless if it's 5lbs or 0.

You were able to lose weight already, so it seems you have that part under control, what exercises are you doing for your core? Squats? Deadlifts? Compound exercises?
  • hill8570
    hill8570 Posts: 1,466 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your loss -- you look great!

Hard to tell from pictures, but I'd estimate you at around 25-30% body fat -- a healthy % for a woman. If you want to have more defined abs, just keep up the core work and shoot for dropping your body fat % a bit more. It's tough, 'tho -- get much below 25% and you're getting into the hard-core fitness junkie arena.
  • ItaliaNovella
    ItaliaNovella Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    lower your fat intake, stop drinking soda, lower sugers, and crunches, twists, knee ups, air bikes, russian obliques, and supermans!! you can do it!! keep it up!