Meal Prep

Hey, I am thinking about meal prepping for the week - cooking every Wednesday (pay day) and then freezing them, Is this good to do or not? Anyone have any tips and advice for me?

p.s sorry if stupid question

Replies

• nclermon
    nclermon Posts: 2 Member
    HI !!
    As I often say: there is never a stupid question !!

Here how I do it:
    1. Every week, prior to go to the grocery, I take a bit of time to 'plan' my meals. I plan what I want to eat during the week (not only frozen food) and make sure it will be quick to cook. I also include snack or dessert recipe (e.g. Muffins) in that planning. I have started to do that almost one year ago and I could not go back. It really help me to make sure I don't end up in the Fast Food restaurant after work. I am pretty sure, it also helps to control what I buy at the grocery store;

2. My planning rarely include only frozen meals. I love the taste of fresh vegetables and I find that some recipes are not as good when frozen. So, in my planning, I will include 'frozen' and 'unfrozen' recipes. The 'unfrozen recipe' will be either really quick to make or I will make them for day where I know I have more time (e.g. on the week-end).

3. I use an app calls Paprika to store my recipes. It also help the planning of the meal.

So sorry it might not be exactly the kind of info your were looking for. It is just that, on my side, I could not eat only frozen food and I don't see the point since many quick and delicious recipe exist.

Here is an example of a recipe that I love. I normally prepare the salsa before I go to work or the night before. Quick and delicious !!
    http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Baked-Trout-with-Shiitake-Mushrooms-Tomatoes-and-Ginger-239824
  • Shoot I meal prep sundays for mon tues and wed
    and wed for thur fri sat