Random endorsement of a funky magazine

So this is sort of relevant because I learned about this magazine by picking it up at the shared magazine rack at my gym. My random endorsement is for a funky magazine called Nylon. Its a fashion mag but its actually a cool fashion mag. Its not chock full of size 0 models in $5000 Armani shoes and mainstream actresses/musicians. The clothes featured are a mix of funky-punk-rock-hipster-urbanite and all things in between. The music discussed is less well known. Plus, the articles are actually about (gasp) art, music, and culture. Like global culture. In a fashion magazine. Seriouly. I think I even saw a few size 6 models in there somewhere.

Replies

• sarakenna1
    sarakenna1 Posts: 261
    So this is sort of relevant because I learned about this magazine by picking it up at the shared magazine rack at my gym. My random endorsement is for a funky magazine called Nylon. Its a fashion mag but its actually a cool fashion mag. Its not chock full of size 0 models in $5000 Armani shoes and mainstream actresses/musicians. The clothes featured are a mix of funky-punk-rock-hipster-urbanite and all things in between. The music discussed is less well known. Plus, the articles are actually about (gasp) art, music, and culture. Like global culture. In a fashion magazine. Seriouly. I think I even saw a few size 6 models in there somewhere.
  • hideandseek
    hideandseek Posts: 47
    i work for nylon! read our magazine! lol. and yes, we have a lot of girls around the office who aren't super skinny and are at a healthy weight and whatnot.
  • hideandseek
    hideandseek Posts: 47
    (this didnt submit i guess?) along with a lot of the girls featured in the magazine
  • BigCityKittyz
    BigCityKittyz Posts: 378
    COOL! I'll get this for me and my daughter to read! I'm so done with the other BS magz that make you feel like a failure....and with my girl at her tender teen years, I soooo want her to know she is beautiful and NORMAL!
  • barracudamuscle
    barracudamuscle Posts: 313 Member
    Hideandseek when your looking for a guy to model your new line of calvin klein big and tall underwear look me up, I'm dying to let my belly button sing I'm too sexy for my shirt!:laugh: :bigsmile:
  • BigCityKittyz
    BigCityKittyz Posts: 378
    Hideandseek when your looking for a guy to model your new line of calvin klein big and tall underwear look me up, I'm dying to let my belly button sing I'm too sexy for my shirt!:laugh: :bigsmile:

LMAO! Belly Button Kareoke.....
    "on the cat-walk...on the cat-walk...I shake my lil tail on the cat-walk":laugh:

(cough...cough....oh uh pardon me....lint ball...hack!):tongue: