What time should I stop eating?Honey diet

2»

Replies

• Ryapm
    Ryapm Posts: 17 Member
    Don't overcomplicate things if you're trying to lose weight. Set up MFP eat your calories, hit your fat/carbs/protein and watch the scale go down. If there isn't any change you're either tracking wrong or the calories aren't correct.

To lose weight you just need to eat less than maintenance, everyones maintenance is different but there is averages ones the MFP calculates :)

meal timing has no effect on weight loss.
    eating before bed has no effect on weight loss.
    fat diets only work because they cause you to under eat calories and this deficit causes weight loss.

Good luck!
  • Aniqana
    Aniqana Posts: 95
    Nothing is 'banned' just make whatever it is fit into your daily allowance. Log everything accurately and burn some calories. Simples.

What exercise do you like doing? Walking? Cycling? Swimming? Have you tried weight lifting (it won't make you into she-hulk overnight, we promise!)? Kettlebells?

what is kettlebells or (OP) often used in this forum?
    weight lifting... Would you mind recommend any to lose fat from arm, stomach and lower back (hips area) bit bulky -muffintops called?
    I have machines in gym and weights but i have no clue how to use them. I cant use youtube on gym and dont have weights at home.I would really appreciate or at least name of the exercises so i will google/youtube them.
  • Aniqana
    Here's a list for you:

Foods you can eat - everything, just fit it into your calories
    Food not to eat - anything you don't like

Sorted.

Love it :)

Thank you ALL for the great tips!!! you are amazing!!
  • dammitjanet0161
    dammitjanet0161 Posts: 319 Member
    Any links to good exercising-dieting that works for you- would be much appreciated !

www.myfitnesspal.com

more specifially, the sexypants thread - sensible, non-scaremongering, non-faddy advice. Just be sensible and stop panicking hun!
  • Aniqana
    Don''t eat while sleeping as you may choke. As for bananas I eat around 4 a day they don't seem to have stopped me losing weight

Follow the sexypants link and when you hear some of these things such as no red foods on sundays just take a step back and apply some common sense. We all wish we could blame our weight health issues on many things or find some miracle solution. In reality the only issue was we ate too much food for our activity level

Good luck

thanks!
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Eating time frames-myth
    Honey to lose weight-myth

Use the calorie counter and eat within your limits. Get moderate exercise. That's all you need, boo.
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Meal timing is personal preference. Also anytime you hear or read "drop so many pounds in so many days" stop reading immediately. Don't over complicate it.

Here's some information that might help

Log your food accurately and honestly. Go for 80% good choices the other 20% don't worry so much about. I eat lots of delicious food and have consistently lost. Keep it simple find a REASONABLE deficit:

If you have 75+ lbs to lose 2 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have 40-75 lbs to lose 1.5 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have 25-40 lbs to lose 1 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have 15 -25 lbs to lose 0.5 to 1.0 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have less than 15 lbs to lose 0.5 lbs/week is ideal

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1234699-logging-accurately-step-by-step-guide?hl=logging+step+guide

Find an activity you enjoy doing - I found I love to ride my bike and lift heavy stuff :)

Here are 2 more threads that will help take the time to read them:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1235566-so-you-re-new-here?hl=so+you're+new+here

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
    yep.
  • trinatrina1984
    trinatrina1984 Posts: 1,018 Member
    Meal timing is personal preference. Also anytime you hear or read "drop so many pounds in so many days" stop reading immediately. Don't over complicate it.

Here's some information that might help

Log your food accurately and honestly. Go for 80% good choices the other 20% don't worry so much about. I eat lots of delicious food and have consistently lost. Keep it simple find a REASONABLE deficit:

If you have 75+ lbs to lose 2 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have 40-75 lbs to lose 1.5 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have 25-40 lbs to lose 1 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have 15 -25 lbs to lose 0.5 to 1.0 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have less than 15 lbs to lose 0.5 lbs/week is ideal

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1234699-logging-accurately-step-by-step-guide?hl=logging+step+guide

Find an activity you enjoy doing - I found I love to ride my bike and lift heavy stuff :)

Here are 2 more threads that will help take the time to read them:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1235566-so-you-re-new-here?hl=so+you're+new+here

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

/\ this, I would definitely read these links, they will give you some very good info. As others have said there is no good / bad food. If you wanted to you could eat nothing but cake and still lose weight as long as you are eating at a deficit. it really is as simple as burning more cals than you eat :)
  • Madame_Goldbricker
    Madame_Goldbricker Posts: 1,625 Member
    Nothing is 'banned' just make whatever it is fit into your daily allowance. Log everything accurately and burn some calories. Simples.

What exercise do you like doing? Walking? Cycling? Swimming? Have you tried weight lifting (it won't make you into she-hulk overnight, we promise!)? Kettlebells?

what is kettlebells or (OP) often used in this forum?
    weight lifting... Would you mind recommend any to lose fat from arm, stomach and lower back (hips area) bit bulky -muffintops called?
    I have machines in gym and weights but i have no clue how to use them. I cant use youtube on gym and dont have weights at home.I would really appreciate or at least name of the exercises so i will google/youtube them.

Seriously read the links that were posted. They will tell you everything you need to know.

You can't spot reduce unfortunately - weight loss will come from all over.

If you want to start lifting (free weights) try reading New rules of lifting for women. Or stronglifts 5x5.

Ask a member of your gym staff re: using machines etc

Google - free weights 'good form' it'll bring stuff up - squatting, dead lifts, over head press & so on.

Kettle bells are weights too. OP - means original poster (you in this thread). There's a pinned list of abbreviations if you look on here.

Don't buy in to xyz will help you drop XXX lbs. Weight gain is not instantaneous. Neither is weight loss.
  • jasneet12
    jasneet12 Posts: 239 Member
    Pretty sure the "don't eat after 7 pm" rule is more about digestion than weight loss. However some people find that if they are doing evening snacking that's when they have the hardest time resisting the so-called "junk food." But that based on something that works for an individual… not science. I work a graveyard shift. At least 75% of my calorie intake happens between the hours of 7 pm and 7am. And the other 25% is still within 2 hours (or less) of when I go to bed. So, as long as you're within your calorie goal...don't worry about timing.

^^ This. The restriction to eat is not an exact time of the day; but that the body digests well if one eat 2 hours or so before bed time (which could be any time of the day as per your schedule). If food is digested well, it will avoid the problems of bloating, indigestion, gas, water retention etc. But then its also an experiment you have to try for yourself. Does early eating help you? or do you stay up tossing in bed because of hunger pangs? Try out both options for 2-3 days and see what works for you.

For me, if i eat too late in the night or very close to my bed time (except for light teas or fruits), I wake up in the morning feeling bloated, tired, groggy and have an increase on the weight scale. Eating my dinner early only helps me control my water retention; it doesnt specifically cause weight loss.
  • DR2501
    DR2501 Posts: 661 Member
    Ketlebells are canon balls with handles used for dynamic exercises - strength training and cardio all at once. I have my own as I workout at home, but there are classes out there you can join.

Since you have access to a gym, why not ask one of the trainers to design a program for you? They can also check your form so that you aren't risking injury. A simple free weights compound exercise program would be my recommendation but form is key. For starters try:

Squats
    Deadlifts
    Bent over rows
    Overhead press
    Bench press

You can do all of these exercises with machines, but they provide a limited range of motion plus you won't use any stabilising muscles.

By the way, you can't choose where to reduce fat, your body decides!
  • logg1e
    logg1e Posts: 1,208 Member
    My best piece of advice is don't read the Mail. Ever.
  • Aniqana
    My best piece of advice is don't read the Mail. Ever.

Yep, already learned that ;)
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Great Thanks!

I am just new and trying everything- and there is so many myths and things I have been told- or google told me.. ;)
    I am reading and reading trying to find best solution and foods for me but one site says eat that-other dont! :)

Any links to good exercising-dieting that works for you- would be much appreciated !

Read these:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1235566-so-you-re-new-here

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1069268-newbies-please-read-me-2nd-edition
  • TMM211073
    TMM211073 Posts: 153 Member
    Calories can't tell the time....

If you like it, you can eat it, so long as you stay within your calories most of the time (we all have lives and staying within your calories isn't always possible).

There is no such thing as good and bad food, only good and bad maths, if you eat 1000 calories a day but only burn 800 calories, over time you will gain weight - where those calories come from is irrelevant - if you eat 800 calories a day and burn 1000 calories, over time you will lose weight - it's mathematically and scientifically proven.

I eat bananas every morning, I put honey in my herbal tea most days and I go to McDonald's every week, I am a self confessed chocoholic and I love nuts..... But as my ticker shows - I am doing quite nicely.

Don't change your diet, change your attitude and plate size.... Oh and stop reading tabloid articles - they are based on opinion, not fact....

Good luck xXx