eggs & diabetes

Options
hookilau
hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
:angry:
thread went poof when I wasn't looking...what happened?
Someone catch me up!

Replies

• sixout
    sixout Posts: 3,129 Member
    Options
    eggs cause diabetes.

source: the internet.
  • hookilau
    Options
    right, youtube.
    then angry fit guy popped up & then dueling opinions....that's where I left off. :frown:
  • aedreana
    aedreana Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    Another thread from someone asking for "advice" on something stupid, and then hating all the replies she received. and bragging about how men love her "cute A-cup" breasts.
  • sixout
    sixout Posts: 3,129 Member
    Options
    I have no idea what you're talking about, but I'd probably hate it.
  • hookilau
    Options
    Another thread from someone asking for "advice" on something stupid, and then hating all the replies she received. and bragging about how men love her "cute A-cup" breasts.

Nooo!!!
    :laugh:
  • hookilau
    Options
    See now...there's no way I could have predicted the A cup thing.

Though I admit I couldn't figure out where the whole diabetes/eggs debate was going too.
  • roxywho42
    roxywho42 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I wanted to see how it went too :( I'm not sure what her breasts have to do with diabetes, but if she's happy with them then yay for her I guess.
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    Eggs cause diabetes? Men love small breasts? Damn, the stuff I miss when I'm not on MFP 24/7.
  • hookilau
    Options
    I know, right?!! :grumble:
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options
    Wait...eggs make you have A cups?

<
    Off to find some eggs.
  • DerekVTX
    DerekVTX Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Looks like I missed a good one.....since we are on the topic of Cup size...I drove by a lingerie store the other day that had a sign out front that said they carry size 24A to 50K Cup......Ay Caramba
  • _Resolve_
    _Resolve_ Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    was kinda sad it was gone.. i was interested in reading the rest of it today
  • bonkosaurusrex
    Options
    If eggs cause beetus, I am screwed.
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options

<
    Off to find some eggs.

I do eat a LOT of eggs, and I'm chairwoman of the IBTC, so it must be true!
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,771 Member
    Options

What!! Eggs cause cute boobs?
  • PMA140
    PMA140 Posts: 60
    Options

<
    Off to find some eggs.

False! I eat lots of eggs and I'm way down the alphabet from A cups.
    Also, I'm sad to learn men love A cups. Guess I need to stop eating eggs :sad:
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    After I wrote a long reply from looking at the research literature and seeing that in 2013 two meta-analyses on the subject came up with opposite results, my husband's and my pillowtalk last night was about the use of the Cox regression model for assessing this. (Hubby actually is a statistician -- I was a B/B- student in two semesters of ed-stats many years ago.)

In general, the answer is MAYBE for folks who are already at risk, probably a little more so for older women, perhaps not for everybody else -- and we really aren't sure at that.

So, I'm not giving up my eggs although I am an old fat woman with high cholesterol and insulin resistance -- but I'm a daredevil.

This is a relatively short reply for me, so to keep it that way, I will shut up now.
  • 6ftamazon
    6ftamazon Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    As I missed it when it was starting to get good!
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,732 Member
    Options
    According to the study that was linked in that thread, egg consumption is also correlated with smoking. I just quit smoking in March. If I eat eggs, will I start smoking again? :smokin:

So confused.
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    According to the study that was linked in that thread, egg consumption is also correlated with smoking. I just quit smoking in March. If I eat eggs, will I start smoking again? :smokin:

So confused.

Once again confirming the fallacy of post hoc ergo propter hoc :laugh: