Exericse Calories: To Eat or Not to Eat?

Options
That's the question! I'm sure this has been asked already, but I couldn't find it. I have around 600-750 extra calories I burn from exercise at this point, and I'm wondering if I should eat them all, or will that cause me to just maintain my weight?
Any answers would be helpful....I have a feeling this will be different for every person.

Replies

• Panda86
    Panda86 Posts: 873
    Options
    MFP has an equation figured out for you so that you can eat your exercise calories and it still leaves you with a deficit. Go to the GOALS tab. It will break it down for you there. This is probably the most asked question on here. But the GOALS tab will explain it all for you :)
  • RaeN81
    RaeN81 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    There is a calorie deficit that is worked in BEFORE exercise. Feel free to eat all or some of your exercise calories if you want to. I do and I kept losing weight. There are some pretty good posts out there on this one.
  • sk_letsdothis
    sk_letsdothis Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/10589-for-those-confused-or-questioning-eating-your-exercise-calo

Above is a link that will answer the question....it's a great post! Hope it helps!
  • fluffy2010
    Options
    You will lose more weight by not eating the exercise calories. Although, I do eat some of them on cheat days.
  • Suzy12
    Suzy12 Posts: 284
    Options
    Are you hungry? Eat them. Not? Then don't! I don't even record my workout cals because I don't want to "reward" myself with the extra cals. Chances are, you're under counting anyway. Besides, every time you burn an extra 3500 cals, you lose another pound! I'm in the minority - but I say don't eat!
  • naidanueva
    naidanueva Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    This helps A LOT! THANK YOU! :)
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/10589-for-those-confused-or-questioning-eating-your-exercise-calo

Above is a link that will answer the question....it's a great post! Hope it helps!

This.

I eat them. Hasn't slowed my progress. Your body burns more than calories during exercise, you also use up necessary nutrition!
  • naidanueva
    naidanueva Posts: 26 Member
    Options

This.

I eat them. Hasn't slowed my progress. Your body burns more than calories during exercise, you also use up necessary nutrition!

Yeah, I've been getting hungrier! That link was amazing. I hadn't figured out how to reply specifically to sk_letsdothis to tell her, so I just did a general thanks, lol. Now I know!

Good to know it hasn't slowed your progress! I was seeing people consistently under their calorie goal and I thought that was the point. I'm going to try eating them all and see!