build workout app that identifies body parts worked?

Options
Is there a good app that will allow me to search exercises based on the body part I want to work out and then build and keep my workouts?

For example, if I want to do a full body, can I search by Biceps, tris, shoulders, chest, etc. to make sure I've incorporated everything?

or if I just want to focus on legs, etc.?

Replies

• AtmaKing
    AtmaKing Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    JEFIT is what I use.
  • McCloud33
    McCloud33 Posts: 959 Member
    Options
    JEFIT is what I use.

^^^^yep, me too
  • KyleB65
    KyleB65 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    I have been playing around with Jefit for about 6 weeks now.

I used to take a note book with me to the gym to track my workouts. I now bring my Galaxy S4 phone and just follow along with my pre-set workout. Love it!

But, it is easier to set up a workout using the online website with a computer than with a phone or tablet. Once set up, it is a breeze to follow a workout at the gym with just my phone.

I also like the rest timer between sets & exercises.

Now if I could only consolidate my Garmin watch data with my Jefit data with my MFP data to get a complete picture!!
  • abs1232
    abs1232 Posts: 1
    Options
    I use bodyspace :)
  • davmeis
    davmeis Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Fitness Buddy is a good one that does what you described. The free version has a bunch of exercises but only tracks your last 5 workouts. The full version offers more exercises and allows you to store more.

I haven't used the others suggested so I don't know how they compare.
  • Upstate_Dunadan
    Upstate_Dunadan Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    For Windows Phone users, nothing beats ProGym. Not available on other platforms.
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    Is there a good app that will allow me to search exercises based on the body part I want to work out and then build and keep my workouts?

For example, if I want to do a full body, can I search by Biceps, tris, shoulders, chest, etc. to make sure I've incorporated everything?

or if I just want to focus on legs, etc.?

If the goal is a full body workout, you should be doing compounds, not isolations. You can get in a full body workout with just 3 basic exercises.