I need a healthy Turkey Meatball recipe

Options
mmbax06
mmbax06 Posts: 20 Member
Please share your healthy Turkey Meatball recipes.

Replies

• 126siany
    126siany Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    I use Jamie Eason's. They're more meant to be portion-sized turkey meatloafs than something you'd throw over pasta and marinara. http://cleananddelicious.com/2012/06/15/jaime-easons-turkey-meatloaf-muffins/

I use one whole egg instead of the 3 egg whites (the texture is much less dry) and I use 2 garlic cloves instead of the garlic powder.

It works well with ground chicken, too.
  • moglovesshoez
    moglovesshoez Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Just turkey and salt/pepper..... For the tomato sauce put a courgette through a blender and cook it down with a can of tomatoes, a little red wine and which ever herbs/spices you like best.
  • emilyisbonkers
    emilyisbonkers Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I make turkey burgers and I just use turkey mince, sliced red onion and an egg and roll them into balls and dry fry it.
    You could make smaller balls, add some spices you like?
    Sorry I'm not more useful :P
  • Ideabaker
    Ideabaker Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Bump for more recipes. An Italian Senior Citizen taught me to put the turkey mince/ground turkey with seasonings, parmesan cheese, bread crumbs, one small egg, and a jar of Heinz Fat Free Homestyle Turkey Gravy. The whole jar is around a hundred calories. They always came out delicate and moist... sooo good.

It does add a bit of sodium, so watch your macros!
  • jmt08c
    jmt08c Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Ground turkey, black and white pepper, garlic and fresh rosemary with 1 egg yolk/pound of meat. VERY small amount of bread crumbs if needed to help stick together. serve topped w/ fresh basil, crumbled goat cheese, diced tomato and avocado. Great appetizer for parties.

Light fry in coconut oil to brown outside then bake in the oven @ 350 until done, normally 25-30 minutes depending on size of meatballs.